Concordia University Chicago invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Freshmen Academic Success Advisor (FASA). FASAs are responsible for assisting their advisees in their exploration, design, implementation, and fulfillment of vocational aspirations within a Christ-Centered culture that is foundational to the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod and informs Concordia University Chicago’s (CUC) approach to educating college students. Through the direct advising and the teaching of CUC’s freshman transition course, COL 1995 Vocation and College Success, FASAs will help Freshmen students develop their self-concept and establish educational goals. Furthermore, FASAs will help students identify, understand, and articulate the role vocations play in their college experience to increase engagement, performance, and competence within their chosen academic program. Additionally, the FASA will collaborate closely with department directors, faculty, staff and student leaders to advocate for a student-centered approach in the holistic development of her/his advisees/students. Freshmen Academic Success Advisors report to the Director of Undergraduate Academic Advising & Study Abroad and is housed within the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising and Study Abroad.
Academic Advising - Provides holistic advising to first year and freshmen status students Academic Support & Success - Identifies and collaborates with university staff and faculty to promote and communicate opportunities and resources for student success Projects, Advocacy, and Service – Designs, develops and implements programs that support student success in response to student feedback in an effort to provide compassionate and effective stewardship COL 1995 Ambassador & Instructor – Potential to lead up to two sections of CUC'S transition course for first-year/freshmen status students with additional Adjunct pay; Contributes to Division of Student Success research and promotion of emerging and proven trends for first year experience instruction and engagement
Interested individuals must apply via https://cuchicago.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and include a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.
• Positive attitude and the ability to work with a unique and diverse population of college students, faculty and staff
• Service orientation toward response time, regular outreach, rapport building, & overall professionalism
• Proficiency in using Banner, Blackboard, Blackboard Analytics - Pyramid, Degree Works, ARGOS, Access, Qualtrics, & Maxient
• Faith and sense of purpose with regard to CUC’s mission, vision and values
• Personal expectations to conduct work with integrity and an eye for detail, especially with regard to interpreting, educating and enforcing university policies that may include, and are not limited to, curricular requirements, athletic-eligibility, or student conduct
• Commitment to excellence through ongoing professional development, professional competence, and cultural competence
• Fluency with college student development theory and application Minimum Experience Required:
• 2 years of formal Academic Advising for diverse college level students
• 2 years of teaching experience - College level teaching experience, preferred
• Master’s degree required in Advising, Counseling, Social Work, Education, College Student Personnel, Curriculum & Instruction or related field