The Graduate Admissions Specialist responsibilities include assembling, reviewing and processing of paper and on-line applications to our graduate business programs; data entry into our web-based applicant database; generation of various admissions related letters, documents, and other formal correspondence with candidates including interview invitations, letters of admission and other formal correspondence with candidates.
• Provides information about higher education generally and UC specifically one-on-one and to groups. (15%)
• Provides substantive information on admissions requirements, school/college programs and curricula, financial aid, housing, and career opportunities. (15%)
• Exercises professional judgment in reviewing, evaluating, and recommending applicants for admission using established guidelines. Consults with experienced level staff or faculty when reviewing more complex applications. (15%)
• Responds to inquiries from prospective students regarding entrance requirements, application procedures, financial aid availability, housing alternatives, etc., including the potential of conducting information sessions. (15%)
• Evaluates transcripts and international records for eligibility. Assesses applicants for motivation, initiative, leadership potential, work / life experience, extracurricular activities, socioeconomic status, disability, and educational / personal hardship. (10%)
• Participate and help coordinate various Graduate office events including, but not limited to, orientations, open houses, program office sponsored events along with graduate student sponsored events. (5%)
• Manages data analysis and entry into CRM (Sales Force/Target X) ensuring completion done accurately and timely according to a defined schedule. Organization of data from CRM to assist in marketing and performance analytics. (5%)
• Assesses academic preparedness of traditional, special-program, and international applicants. (5%)
• Provide timely insights and analytical support to various internal departments to support effective business decision-making. (5%)
• Generate reports and organize data to asst in marketing and performance analytics for recruitment and retention of students. (5%)
• Other duties as assigned (5%)
The School of Business at the University of California, Riverside is a nationally-ranked and internationally-recognized AACSB-accredited business school. With over 14,000 alumni all over the world, it is home to the largest undergraduate business program in the University of California system, as well as to the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, which features MBA, Ph.D., Professional MBA, Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc), Master of Science in Business Analytics and Master of Finance (MFin) programs. The Business School is positioned as a center of excellence in business education through cutting-edge research on the business challenges of the 21st century.
See Job Description
See Job Description