The Department of Medical Education at the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine at Nova Southeastern University is accepting applications for a full-time (12 month) faculty position as a Medical Education Learning Specialist at our Tampa Bay Regional Campus. The primary purpose of this position is to promote and advance the field of medical education at the COM through student advising and support, faculty development, and curricular development. This position must be current in teaching strategies, technologies, and research in medical education.
Essential job functions:
• Provides guidance to students on various study skills and strategies for learning
• Provides curricular support to all degree programs at the COM
• Engages and supports the COM in curriculum and program development
• Conducts assessment of curriculum, student achievement and learning technologies on regular basis and presents to COM administrators and faculty
• Researches current trends and new technologies in health care education to advise and counsel faculty within the COM for purposes of curricular design, modification and implementation
• Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation
• Presents ideas clearly
• Performs other duties as assigned
To view the full position information or to apply: https://nsucareers.nova.edu/en-us/job/502362/instructor-medical-education-specialist-991759
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university. We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study, and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University. NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
The position location is at our Tampa Bay Regional Campus in Clearwater, Florida.
nsucareers.nova.edu Job Title: Instructor/Medical Education Learning Specialist Job posting #991759
Required education: Master’s degree Required experience:
• Five years of related experience and/or training including research or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellence in teaching, including online teaching
• Demonstrated experience in curricular and program design, development, and implementation
• Experience in curricular planning, faculty development, instructional design and evaluation
• Experience in medical education, research, and grant writing
1. Terminal Degree in Education or related field or a clinical doctorate degree from an accredited institution with demonstrated experience in the health professions.
2. Experience in a medical school or other health professional setting.