This position will develop, deliver, and evaluate training programs and professional development in University Advising to promote effectiveness and facilitate continual employee growth. Programs and employee development supported by this position includes, but is not limited to: New Advisor Onboarding, Professional Learning Fellowship, University Advising Summit, timely and fruitful professional development programming, maintenance of the Advisor Tool Kit, advising assessment, and support for technology and access within advising.
Development & Coordination - 50%
- Works with Advising Operations to implement updates unit wide.
- Gathers, analyzes, and models various scenarios related to employee learning and development to make recommendations and decisions to university management to improve the processes of the unit.
- Plans and develops training and professional development programs and opportunities to improve advisor skills and understanding of university advising process, and work to development workplace culture and networking opportunity.
- Utilizes various modalities to offer training experiences, including but not limited to: Camtasia, Kaltura, PPT, Zoom / Teams platforms, etc.
- Plans and develops training to improve student workers skills and understanding of university advising process.
- Schedules speakers and facilitators from various support offices to offer training and updates to advising.
Facilitation - 30%
- Implements and facilitates training programs to orient employees, support necessary skill development, and facilitate an understanding of university resources, policies, and processes.
- Understands and applies knowledge of appropriate handling of employee training information.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in presenting to a large, diverse audience.
Assessment - 15%
- Measures the impacts of training programs as related to the Learning Outcomes established.
- Monitors employee development programs, analyzes results, and crafts updates to support employee success.
- Produces and presents reports for key stakeholders regarding overall success and recommendations for change.
Other duties as assigned - 5%
see Position Description
To apply for this position, visit the NAU careers website, https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/current-job-openings/ (Job ID 605958) You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has oncampus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range is $47,634 - $59,542. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
Maureen Fray 928-523-8143 Maureen.Fray@nau.edu