The Manager, Onshore Recruitment is within the Office of Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Operations (MREO) and is primarily responsible for the recruitment of international students in North America. Reporting to the Director, Onshore Recruitment and Strategic Affiliations, the Manager, Onshore Recruitment collaborates across the institution to grow onshore international student enrollment, promoting SGU at various recruiting events, leading information sessions to increase awareness of the programs, maintaining highly personalized communications with student prospects throughout the year, and meeting with prospective applicants in one-on-one and group settings. The Manager, Onshore Recruitment will support and execute the onshore recruitment strategy across campus entities and partner schools and will develop and sustain relationships with internal staff and external partners such as agents, faculty, and health advisors.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Collaborate with U.S., Canada and International teams to contribute to the achievement of SGU’s onshore international student recruitment targets.
• Develop and grow SGU’s active onshore agent network in the U.S. and Canada.
• Deliver regular and pertinent training to ensure agents and their staff are well-equipped to provide accurate advice to prospective students.
• Work closely with SGU’s agents, making frequent visits to maintain relationships and establish new partner contacts at key levels.
• Manage feeder school network including training, application management, performance monitoring and relationship development.
• Increase portfolio of feeder schools and programs. Establish and nurture key partner contacts.
• Visit new and existing partner schools, colleges and universities as needed to maintain and build strong relationships.
• Work directly with onshore international students and admission staff to nurture the onshore international application funnel, including inquiries, application conversion and enrollment.
• Meet 1:1 with prospective students (and families/influencers where appropriate) to build relationships, gain trust, answer questions, and help move to the next steps in the student journey.
• Meet with pre-med, pre-health and international advisors to promote the SGU pathway for onshore international students.
• Promote the university at appropriate recruitment activities such as information sessions, conferences, fairs, pre-health meetings, etc.
• Track all interactions in the customer relationship management (CRM) system according to the admission policies and procedures.
• Provide and maintain accurate, relevant and timely communication to prospective students and their influencers.
• Work with the SGU Marketing Team to inform marketing strategies to aid onshore international recruitment.
• Support, maintain, investigate new onshore recruitment opportunities.
• Provide regular reports to the Director, including market updates and performance updates against targets.
• Build strong relationships with SGU functional areas (admissions, sales, marketing, academic) to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency and problem resolution.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Please apply directly on our Career Site: https://sgu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/7/home/requisition/483?c=sgu
About University Support Services, LLC University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George's University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 21,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world. USS is a Delaware limited liability company located in Great River, New York providing administrative services and functional support to SGU.
Elizabeth Avolio firstname.lastname@example.org
• 5+ years of university admissions, higher education, or marketing experience with a proven affinity for customer service.
• Experience in international higher education and recruitment.
• Bachelor's Degree required, graduate degree in related international area preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Track record of success in international student recruitment.
• Experience working with international agents and/or university partners.
• Dynamic individual who on a daily basis demonstrates passion, heart, positivity, and teamwork.
• Well-spoken and articulate; strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
• Outstanding presentation skills with experience delivering sales presentations in front of both large and small groups.
• Understanding of appropriate communication via email, text, and social media.
• Genuine interest in helping students achieve their dream of becoming a physician.
• Strong commitment to teamwork and customer service.
• Able to effectively and proactively build relationships with peers, University staff, and administration.
• Able to work well under pressure and in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Significant organizational skills with ability to set priorities, identify and solve problems, and be responsive to customer care.
• Ability to represent the Office and the University in a highly professional manner.
• Computer skills including MS Office suite.
• Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems is preferred.
• Ability to transport, set up, and break down event collateral, including banners, signage, and table set up.