To knowledgeably assist and continually support, Brandman University Students with each of the various steps and processes experienced throughout the student life cycle and beyond. To provide high quality, customer focused service to all students, staff, and guests.
• Provide financial aid information to students regarding the application process, needs determination, verification, and status of their financial aid application in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
• Work with Aid Office to resolve information discrepancies. Reconcile admission status with financial aid applications • e financial aid Information Summary Sheets based on student education plans
• n current knowledge of federal, state, and institutional programs, regulations, policies, and procedures
• e as the main point of contact for students with the financial aid office.
• Troubleshoot student accounts to ensure funds are received including following up with students regarding any missing documents, unit/program changes, enrollment delays the satisfactory academic progress appeals process
• t the Financial Aid Office with default prevention activities and tasks. Student Accounts/Business Services
• Assist students with various questions regarding their accounts including but not limited to payments, holds, and refunds.
• Run student account reports, analyze student accounts and records for accuracy and completion
• t students regarding past due accounts and provide due diligence in collecting money owed to the university.
• Process student requests for refunds as required by federal regulations and University policies/procedures. Coordinate with office to ensure timely payment of tuition and application fees
• e to students in a clear and concise manner, update comments and document all conversations in the appropriate area of the student management system. Enrollment/Admissions
• Work closely with Enrollment Coaches to ensure applicants are receiving up to date admissions information as well as moving forward with the admissions process. Input Information Request Form.
• Work closely with Department to ensure prospects/applicant's questions are addressed
• m general admission related tasks including tracking and follow-up to secure missing documents
• r admission documents and information into and ensure applicant status is accurate
• n and clean (QC) admission documents into imaging systems.
• Coordinate New Student Orientations. Student Services
• Perform student services functions including assist students with registration questions/processes; add/drop procedures, graduation information and basic student application questions
• t and track missing documents including Master Payment Contracts and Interest Disclosure Statements
•t appointments for students to meet with additional resources when solutions extend beyond the defined authority level.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1659647
Competitive compensation and benefits promote your health and well-being. Brandman embraces inclusion, promotes corporate responsibility, and applies sustainable practices on the job and in the office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. This description lists the major duties and requirements of the but is not all-inclusive.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED:
• Exceptional customer service skills including: o 2+ years previous experience in student financial aid, student accounts, customer service based closely related field.
o Outstanding customer service skills including interpersonal and active listening skills along with an analytical and critical thinking ability to interpret and respond appropriately to diverse groups of people in various situations.
o Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with tact and diplomacy in all oral and written communications.
o Ability to work effectively in a team environment and participate to get the job done, while continually focusing on the needs of the students.
o Ability to exercise appropriate personal initiative and accountability.
• Associate's degree or relevant combination of experience and education
• Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
• General familiarity working in database systems including data entry, queries running reports.
• Ability to accurately perform key mathematical functions (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
• Familiarity with the use of standard office equipment (e.g. copier, fax, scanner, etc.).
• Proven ability to execute instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Strong administrative, organizational, and prioritization skills.
• Must have follow-up, follow-through, and attention to details skills, accomplishing tasks with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment amidst interruptions and fluctuating workloads.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends according to campus operating requirements. May require travel for meetings, conferences, or between locations and may include overnight travel.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
• Previous experience working in higher education.
• Knowledge of Chapman/Brandman University policies and procedures. Machines, Tools, Equipment, Electronic Devices Software: Administrative software (required), Office Suite (required), Image Now (desired) License(s) and Certificate(s): None