Responsible for providing quality undergraduate advising to majors and pre-majors and to serve as an advisor and resource to prospective students and their families.
Assist PACE students in the career exploration process.
Assist students with decision-making in choosing majors.
Guide students in the completion of admissions requirements for majors.
Assist students with course schedules and selection of courses for each semester.
Recognize and address the needs and concerns of a diverse student population.
Assist students in interpreting degree audit reports, transcripts, and complex academic policies.
Perform complicated calculations such as grade point average calculations.
Provide referrals to other offices and services on campus.
Maintain confidential student files and records through keeping accurate and thorough documentation of all advising interactions.
Provide general information and outstanding customer service to prospective students, parents, and other members of the public.
Communicate and collaborate with academic departments and other university divisions.
Participate in university recruitment and retention efforts.
Provide data regarding number of students advised and other information as requested.
Participate in New Student Orientation.
Provide clerical and administrative assistance.
Perform other duties as assigned. (Normal working hours are M-F 8-5, but some night/weekend work is required for participation in events such as New Student Orientation and Bobcat Day.)
In order to be considered, applicants must complete all sections of the application in addition to submitting the required documents. Required Documents: Resume Cover Letter Apply here: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34582
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications. Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles. Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE. Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Jaimie Haider - email@example.com