This position will oversee the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) process for the college. In collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs, Communications and Admissions, the PLA Coordinator will create a comprehensive recruitment strategy for adult learners. The PLA Coordinator will work closely with faculty/staff, employers, and administration to facilitate experiential learning credit which includes but are not limited to portfolio assessment, military evaluations, faculty referral, and challenge exams. The PLA Coordinator will maintain records for PLA submissions and will work with faculty and the Office of Academic Affairs to ensure that credits obtained through the PLA process maintain the academic rigor and integrity of credit coursework. The PLA Coordinator will advise students throughout the PLA process and will serve as the point of contact for all inquiries about the PLA process.
• Market Prior Learning Assessment to employers/employees in Dutchess and Putnam counties as part of a non-traditional student recruitment plan.
• Serve as a point of contact to answer all questions from students, faculty, staff, and employers related to PLA.
• Create/revise and recommend DCC procedures and practices related to PLA to maintain consistency with standards related to accreditation.
• Advise students throughout the PLA process.
• Conduct training sessions to assist faculty and staff in understanding their roles in the PLA process and in developing PLA assessment guides for their courses.
• Serve as Chair for the PLA Committee.
• In concert with the Office of Communication develop a web presence on the college website that addresses the PLA process and contains all forms and information needed for PLA student submission.
• Create an efficient data tracking and reporting system for students pursuing PLA, including the credits and methods of awarding credit.
• Work closely with the academic departments in supporting the integration between classroom learning and experiential learning.
• Collaborate with the Office of Academic Affairs and the academic departments to develop PLA related programming in the classroom including facilitation of classroom presentations.
• Maintain current knowledge of policies and best practices (CAEL, Council for Adult and Experiential Learning) related to aligning learning and work so that adults achieve academic and career success.
• Collaborate with campus constituents on any PLA campus initiatives.
Salary range is 53,316 -58,370