Professional advising at Walsh University is a process through which students and advisors work together to set individualized goals for students’ academic lives. Though it is a collaborative process with other departments such as Career Services, students themselves are ultimately responsible for their own educational experience. However, Professional Advisors will encourage students to find academic areas that meet their skills, needs, and interests. The Professional Advisor may also assist with students’ personal or social issues since holistically higher education has the potential to change life for the better.
• Advise up to 150 students, with various majors, per semester.
• Prioritize a career in higher education & show a desire to evolve/innovate in a professional advising environment. • Provide information and statistical data on advising. Produce reports as needed.
• Relate to a variety of individuals, such as students, faculty, and staff.
• Respond to emails and voicemails adequately, efficiently, & professionally.
• Comply with FERPA regulations.
• Utilize & embrace advising technology such as Banner by Ellucian.
• Assist Director of Professional Advising with summer orientation requirements.
• Assist Director of Professional Advising with College Credit Plus scheduling.
• Assist Director of Professional Advising with contacting unregistered students.
• Assist Director of Professional Advising with unpredictable situations.
Submit application and materials to www.walsh.edu (Human Resources)
Walsh University is an independent, coeducational, Catholic liberal arts institution. Founded by the Brothers of Christian Instruction, Walsh University is dedicated to educating its students to be leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition. Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community, and close student-teacher interaction. The University provides an education that fosters critical thinking, effective communication, spiritual growth, and personal, professional, and cultural development. Walsh University encourages individuals to act in accordance with reason guided by the example and teachings of Jesus Christ.
Dee Stubbs, Human Resources 330 490 7542