Function: To provide organizational and operational leadership to UTSA Academic Advising as well as the division of student success. To provide advanced professional skills in leading recruitment and hiring efforts for a department or division and development of new partnerships and collaborative opportunities through strategic teaming efforts with academic and industry partners. Provides general support to the Associate Vice Provost of Student Success including serving as a representative of the area as required and works collaboratively with key members of the division and other campus stakeholders. In addition, provides advanced professional skills in leading engagement efforts for a department or division and development of new partnerships and collaborative opportunities through strategic teaming efforts with academic and industry partners.
• Provide support in achieving the overarching vision and mission of the department/division related to recruitment and engagement.
• Human resources and talent management. Work closely with internal team members and strategically leverage external consultants to refine existing processes and protocols to develop the Academic Advising team. Responsibilities include hiring of new staff members and working with the Senior Instructional Manger with onboarding processes and staff training needs, performance management processes with supervisors, and serving as a resource to staff. Annual event planning for recognition of UTSA Advising staff. Partnering with the Senior Instructional manager on retention strategies for advising staff.
• Evaluate systems and processes to establish priorities and procedures to increase operations efficiency, ensuring compliance with institute, state and federal policies and regulations; maintain fiscally responsible operations.
• Maintain a consistent, high-quality, customer-focused operation when conducting business and providing services to the general public and campus community.
• Develop academic, community and industry partnerships across the state/nation by promoting the value-add opportunities for collaboration, and represent the vision and mission to drive the departments/division's value and benefits to its membership base.
• Develop and maintain reports and data to effectively manage recruitment/talent management for Academic Advising. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of assessment processes in collaboration with departmental teams. • Maintain a positive working relationship with all staff and consortium partners, and work interdepartmentally to determine organizational needs, including but not limited to; execution of membership agreements, contracts and service agreements.
• Oversee a variety of projects as determined by the AVP of Student Success and/or Senior Director of Academic Advising
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Attend and make presentations at conferences and workshops.
• Participate in University committees, professional conferences and organizations.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
Posting End Date Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 10/19/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/2547508
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world.
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/2547508
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
• Six years of progressively responsible related experience within higher education, including academic advising
• At least five years of supervisory experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven experience in coordinating and executing successful events that add direct value to the organization. • Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven role with exceptional skills balancing competing deadlines, working efficiently with attention to detail.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, Adobe Professional and other related applications.
• Self-starter with strong attention to detail.
• Master's Degree from an accredited institution.
• Eight years of progressive experience in Academic Advising.
• Knowledge of UTSA and UT System rules and regulations.
• Experience with PeopleSoft, Banner, DegreeWorks, Adobe applications for PDF creation, conversion, modification.
• Ability to coordinate online events such as interviews and meetings.
• Experience using Zoom, TEAMS, and other videoconferencing tools.