This position facilitates the implementation and supervision of interventions, management of outreach campaigns, and collection and dissemination of information to support Northeastern State University’s student success and retention programs
- Develops, implements, and assesses programs created to increase retention and facilitate graduation based on institutional and student need/demand.
- Works with the institution’s Retention Committee, Academic Advising, Institutional Effectiveness, and Enrollment Management to research, design, and implement multiple outreach campaigns each semester.
- Identifies student populations using Civitas predictive analytics system; develops data-informed proactive interventions to support retention and graduation of students.
- Coordinates with various departments to assist with the design and implementation of targeted student retention initiatives.
- Documents and reports on proactive outreach campaigns to demonstrate success rates and impact on student populations.
- Assesses the success of collaborative retention efforts through survey design, implementation, and review; assesses relevant student data/reports, and analyzes information according to particular subgroups.
- Produces and distributes information regarding persistence and completion to appropriate administrators, faculty and staff.
- Researches best practices for student success and proactive intervention and shares with relevant campus partners. Makes recommendations based on best practices identified.
- Generates relevant reporting that supports academic advisors in monitoring student progress using Banner, Civitas Illume, or other available tools.
- Assists with identifying external support services available to students and maintains proper documentation of these resources.
- Develops ongoing training, knowledge sharing, and best practices regarding data usage for academic advising.
- Develops materials and provides training related to student retention initiatives.
- Gather and analyze retention/attrition data in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to identify trends; uses the information to identify potential solutions.
- Maintain database of students served, challenges experienced, and overall outcomes.
- Works closely with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to ensure proper data collection, analysis, and reporting aligns with institutional, state, and federal guidelines.
- Serves on relevant university and/or departmental committees.
- Performs related duties.
Northeastern State University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as an essential part of excellence in faculty and staff at the University, and complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and equal employment opportunity for VEVRRA protected veterans. NSU actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for any opening at NSU.
Julia Carlo email@example.com 918-444-3253
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in mathematics, statistics, social sciences or equivalent field from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention principles.
- Knowledge of academic standards governing the student population.
- Knowledge of statistical methods.
- Knowledge of statistical software and packages, enterprise data management systems, operational store, reporting software, and relationships between systems.
- Skill in the demonstration of organization, analysis, problem solving, and communication.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team setting.