Leads the delivery of guidance and counsel to students designed to assist them in making decisions associated with their academic and/or career experiences. Assesses individual situations and circumstances, many complex in nature, and creates, implements and monitors recommendations, partnering with internal/external organizations and resources that meet student needs. Ensures compliance with all associated policies, rules and regulations.
• Manages & implements strategic plans.
• Recommends changes & improvements to functional operations to better meet organizational needs & objectives.
• Completes administrative activities such as assessment, operations planning, data management, and reporting.
• Researches best practices and peer institutions and market/economic conditions and recommends changes and enhancements to improve administrative effectiveness, services and/or resources.
• Reviews existing use of technology and recommends changes to incorporate state-of-the-art systems and tools as appropriate into all aspects of the advising and counseling program.
• Researches peer and cutting-edge developments regarding technology and recommends changes and enhancements that will improve delivery of resources and services.
• Acts as liaison to IT to ensure technology systems are properly installed & maintained.
• Provides customer service oriented, student centered guidance and counsel based on individual circumstances, preferences, etc. and in compliance with all associated policies, rules and regulations.
• Researches, develops and implements practices and activities that enhance student centered guidance and counsel.
• Academic advising & counseling may include more complex situations such as development of retention initiatives for students struggling academically or on academic probation; on extended absence; with special needs; etc.
• Consults with student affairs, academic departments, student organizations and administrative offices to exchange information regarding academic and career opportunities.
• Creates and nurtures relationships with organizations and alumni to develop a network of enthusiastic organizations engaged via active participation in the success of program.
• Manages planning and arrangement of programs - meetings, workshops, trainings, events, etc. designed to provide information, promote resources and to build internal and external relationships.
• Manages event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology ensuring that all are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Researches peer, competitor, and state-of-the art developments to enhance, improve, and innovate program topics and delivery to better meet goals & objectives.
• Recruits, trains and assigns faculty/instructors to teach programs.
• Supervises creation of components, including curriculum development, lectures, conferences, seminars, support groups, etc. Compliance
• Coordinates development & implementation of processes and procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local & NU laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
• Interfaces with government and accreditation organizations. Miscellaneous
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position please go to https://careers.northwestern.edu/psc/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=40109&PostingSeq=1
Northwestern University in Qatar Launched in August 2008, the Northwestern University in Qatar campus in Education City, Doha offers the Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism Bachelor of Science degree program in journalism and the Northwestern University School of Communication Bachelor of Science degree program in communication. Liberal Arts courses are also available at Northwestern University in Qatar. Northwestern University in Qatar is a partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, located in Doha. The independent, private, nonprofit and chartered organization was founded in 1995 by Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the Father Emir of Qatar. The mission of the foundation “is to prepare the people of Qatar and the region to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world, and to make Qatar a leader in innovative education and research.” Chaired by Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser, consort of the Father Emir, the Qatar Foundation includes more than 30 member organizations that are committed to excellence in education, scientific research and community development, Education City, the Qatar Foundation’s flagship project and home to Northwestern University in Qatar, aspires to be a center of excellence in education and research that will help transform Qatar into a knowledge-based society.
Northwestern University in Qatar is also a partner with the five other American universities located in Education City:
Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar: offering undergraduate degree programs in computer science, business administration and information systems
Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar: offering a major in international politics, leading to a Bachelor of Science in foreign service degree
Texas A&M University at Qatar: offering undergraduate programs in electrical, mechanical, chemical and petroleum engineering
Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar: offering undergraduate degree programs in graphic, interior and fashion design
Weill Cornell Medicine- Qatar: offering a six-year integrated program of study leading to an MD degree Northwestern University in Qatar students are able to cross-register for courses at these other schools.
Please contact NU-Q HR department at email@example.com