The Senior Accountant will be a key contributor to the Controller’s Office. He or she will provide support and advice to deal with special projects and analysis that relates to Owens operations, policy development and documentation, process analysis, management tools, and compliance. The Senior Accountant is part of a team who collectively manage the accounting operations of the school.
- Maintains the accuracy of general ledger balances through internal accounting or review processes and the preparation of account reconciliation and analyses.
- Assist with ensuring accurate and timely monthly financial reporting and adherence to GAAP and ensuring compliance with college policies and procedures, including College-wide communications and meetings; journal entry inventory, processing, review, and approval.
- Assists with preparing financial statements and other financial reports as required, including assistance with the annual financial audit.
- Develops relationships with Owens staff, external auditors and others by answering questions, resolving problems, and providing guidance in financial matters.
- Ensures that the College is meeting the financial recording and reporting requirements established by outside agencies.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment by ensuring compliance with College policy and procedures, including review, analysis, revision and documentation of policies and procedures.
- Develop knowledge related to Owens’ accounting structure, including both income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Representing the Controller’s Office on College committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please visit: https://jobs.owens.edu/
Owens Community College is a public, state-assisted, two-year institution of higher education. On its two campuses in Toledo and Findlay, Ohio, Owens Community College serves nearly 15,654 credit and non-credit students with over 107 career-oriented degrees and certificate programs in Arts & Sciences, Business, Public Service, Health, Industrial & Engineering Technologies as well as the first two years of a bachelor’s degree. In addition, Owens Community College offers a variety of specialized credit and non-credit programs through Workforce and Community Services. The modern 260-acre Toledo campus is located in Northwest Ohio just minutes from Downtown Toledo. The Findlay campus is located 40 miles south in one of Ohio’s most progressive towns. Northwest Ohio is located on Lake Erie and bisected by the Maumee River. Both areas are fast growing and rich in diversity. Our mission is to provide an environment conducive to learning for persons of all populations. The continued success of the college depends heavily on full and effective utilization and education of qualified persons regardless of gender, race, age, color, national origin, disability, religion or veteran status. Applicants are required to complete and return the Owens Community College application form to be considered. Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts. Owens Community College maintains a non-smoking policy for all buildings. Please request in advance of an interview any disability-related accommodations needed for an interview.
Amy Holmes 567-661-7305