UVU’s divisions of Academic Affairs and Student Affairs are excited to announce a newly created role on our campus, Senior Director of University Advising. This vital role provides leadership for a team of eight advising directors in our colleges and schools and approximately 100 full-time professional academic advisors. Advising practice at UVU emphasizes a holistic, proactive, and data-informed strategy. We hope to employ an individual who is a strategic and visionary thinker focused on building an inclusive, collaborative, and high-quality advising community. Strong applicants will passionately advocate for advising needs across campus and build important relationships with academic and student affairs partners through strategies informed by data, research, student background, and employee needs. We know great people are the backbone behind the success of our students, and we are looking for an exceptional individual to serve as Senior Director of University Advising. This is a role where you will make a large-scale impact in the lives of both college students and professional staff. UVU emphasizes “a place for you” no matter a student’s personal or educational background, and we aim to empower students to succeed both personally and academically. This allows us to continue to grow and nurture our students, university, and your career. We believe in providing exceptional care to our employees and your total compensation should reflect this. Bring your passion and experience as we design the next generation of higher education experience and culture. Now is the right time to join UVU!
A summary of duties includes:
• Oversees strategic planning, operational management, administrative direction and assessment of the university’s academic advising to support student completion and our institutional values of exceptional care, exceptional accountability, and exceptional results.
• Collaborates with executives, deans, chairs, and advising directors to ensure student success at the college/school level.
• Leads a team of eight directors and over 100 academic advisors by advocating for campus-wide advising career advancement opportunities and takes responsibility to hire, supervise, train, and develop staff.
• Deploys an institutional advising strategy focused on proactive, holistic, and data-informed practice using new and existing technology and training.
• Administers an operating budget consistent with university policy and collaborates with the development officer to secure external resources in order to access additional advising resources.
• This is on on-campus position on the Orem, UT main campus of UVU with the opportunity to work remotely one day per week.
Applicants should prepare a cover letter and resume to submit for the specific posting (no. 22719) on the UVU job website. The direct link: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/22719
Utah Valley University is an innovative large, public institution serving a dual mission as a community college and four-year institution, located in the expanding metropolitan Salt Lake City region. UVU is an open-enrollment university on track for enrollment growth over the next ten years. Our access-driven mission places employees as key figures in the lives of many types of students including adult, first-generation, and high financial need students.
Questions should be directed to Tom Gleason, Talent Acquisition Partner at UVU. Email: Tom.Gleason@uvu.edu