This position serves as a generalist for student support in the areas of academic, retention, career and transfer advising and disability resource services. This position will assist in the delivery of comprehensive academic advising and disability resource services that will guide students to develop meaningful educational plans that are compatible with their academic, career and life goals. This position is housed within Student Development and Retention Services (SDRS) at our Portage campus and works closely with staff, faculty and administrators. This position reports to the Director of Disability Resource and Testing and Assessment Services.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Leadership and Coordination - Acts as a liaison for faculty relations, referrals, program updates and advising services for identified academic programs and the Portage Campus community.
- Academic Advising - Holistically advises students about career options, admission requirements, programs of study, transfer opportunities, degree requirements and overall academic planning.
- Disability Resource Services - Advises and coordinates programs and services for students with disabilities on academic, career, and personal matters using a developmental approach.
- Student Retention/Case Management - Supports students in planning their educational experience including identifying academic support needs, time management and related strategies for success.
- Career and Employment Advising - Assists students with career exploration, decision making, education pathways, self-assessment, labor market and job search resources.
- Record Keeping and Reporting - Enters student contacts in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system(s) within 24 hours of contact.
- Technology - Troubleshoots technology problems.
- Marketing and Public Relations - Assists in the development of marketing materials and promotional activities.
For full list of duties, visit: https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Portage-Campus/Senior-Student-Support-Advisor---Advising---Disability-Resources-Services-Hybrid_R0002876
For full details and to apply, please go to: https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Portage-Campus/Senior-Student-Support-Advisor---Advising---Disability-Resources-Services-Hybrid_R0002876
Madison Area Technical College (Madison College) 1701 Wright Street Madison, WI 53704 Position will be housed at Portage Campus (45 minutes north of Madison).
Judith Castro-Romaker, JCastro-Romaker@madisoncollege.edu, 608-246-6678
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, psychology, social work, or a related field or four (4) years (8,000 hours) of a combination of education and related work experience. **Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position. **
- Master’s degree in education, counseling, psychology, social work, Special Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, or a related field preferred.
- Five (5) years (10,000 hours) of directly related work experience in a post-secondary academic, retention, career and/or transfer advising setting or student affairs related setting.
- One (1) Year (2,000 hours) experience with determining and providing accommodations for students with disabilities in an educational setting preferred.
- Global Career Development Facilitator certification or the ability to attain certification within twelve months of employment (this training is currently provided in-house at the college) preferred.
- Spanish or Hmong bilingual preferred.