The Office of Advising and Academic Services is looking to hire one Senior Transfer & Articulation Specialist. This position provides a unique opportunity to support UC's Strategic Sizing goals by facilitating the University's transfer articulation agreements. The Senior Transfer & Articulation Specialist will also assist with supporting College Credit Services (Credit Evaluation) and the broader goals of the Office of Advising & Academic Services (AAS). This role is designed for creative, flexible, independent, collaborative work among many offices across UC as well as with external institution partners. Candidates should have a background in academic advising, credit evaluation, or highly collaborative student services with a strong desire to support student success. Facilitate the university’s transfer articulation agreements and support Credit Evaluation processes. Salary Range for this position is $42,000 - $45,000, depending on the candidate's experience.
• Coordinate development of articulation agreements and maintenance for traditional campus-based programs with a focus on feeder institutions in the region.
• Provide support to Enrollment Management and the Office of Advising & Academic Services projects, particularly in efforts related to transfer credit evaluation.
• Creation of articulation agreements nationwide in support of UC Online recruitment and campus-based enrollment efforts.
• Serve as the Advising and Academic Services (AAS) lead for UC Online.
• Partner effectively with constituencies across the university including colleges, program contacts/faculty, advisors, admissions, and other administrative offices.
• Utilize technologies that support credit evaluation and formation and tracking of articulation agreements.
• Generate reporting and data analysis.
• Serve as representative to various transfer and articulation groups at both the institutional and state levels.
• Conduct presentations and training sessions as needed.
• Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Interested candidates, please go to https://bit.ly/2W48A7R. A resume and cover letter are required in order to be considered for this position.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement. As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
Three (3) years of experience in academic advising, credit evaluation or a similar function that requires a broad understanding of college curricula and coursework.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Sitting - Continuously
• Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
• Hearing, listening - Continuously
• Talking - Continuously
• Standing - Often
• Walking - Often
• Reaching overhead - Seldom
• Pulling, pushing - Seldom
• Lifting - up to 20 pounds - Seldom
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience in academic advising, credit evaluation, or a similar function that requires a broad understanding of college curricula and coursework.
• Experience with CollegeSource’s TES and Transferology products.
• A history of quality performance outcomes.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty and administrators.
• Skilled at working well within a team as well as autonomously accomplishing key outcomes.
• Flexibility in meeting the evolving demands of the position.