The purpose of this role is to provide care and support for international students as they pursue their academic and personal goals at OSU. The primary responsibilities of this role include student care and well-being, cultural adjustment, non-academic conduct processes, and other programs and services to promote the social, personal, and academic well-being of all students receiving INTO OSU services. This position supports students with navigation of campus resources and advocates for students with INTO OSU services as appropriate.
• Provide guidance and coun
seling to international students, refer students to appropriate resources when necessary;
• Advocate for student needs and for the international student experience to help ensure equitable services and outcomes for international students at INTO OSU and across campus;
• Support students receiving INTO OSU services in navigating university processes and accessing resources related to student care and well-being, including insurance, medical, mental health, disability, non-academic conduct and other services;
• Provide students with ongoing support and programming related to cultural adjustment and well-being;
• Maintain good communication with campus and community partners, in accordance with FERPA, about health and safety issues, incidents, and problems;
• Liaise with relevant OSU departments to promote accessibility, cultural sensitivity, excellence and equity of OSU services to INTO OSU international students; Advocate for student needs and for the international student experience;
• Work closely with language/translation/cultural resources in center and on campus to ensure highest level of comprehension and support;
• Serve on campus committees that pertain to student safety, well-being, and success, including the OSU Student Care Team;
• Report to management on trends and areas of concern to better inform student services;
• Serve as primary point-of-contact for urgent well-being issues involving students receiving INTO OSU services;
• Oversee student crisis intervention, with support from the Director of Student Success Services and the OSU Student Care Team; Training & Administration
• Establish an annual training program for staff and faculty related to care and conduct resources and reporting;
• Coordinate with resources on campus and in the community to provide staff and faculty training when appropriate;
• Assess programs and processes related to care and non-academic conduct areas; use data to establish effectiveness and impact and to inform improvements;
• Develop and maintain a case management system with confidential student records;
• Maintain student-facing webpage for care resources; Academic Liaison
• Support INTO OSU’s Academic Team with students of concern and student success efforts;
• Provide support for courses which contain student care and success resources, including scheduling campus partners and presentations, giving input on relevant course development and instruction, etc., as needed;
• Collaborate with the Academic Success team to develop programming for students related to mental health, wellness, and self-care; Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support during Orientation and Welcome Week, registration events, move-ins, etc., as needed;
• Provide support, which may include presentations and/or workshops, for Student Success Services, INTO OSU Academic Team, UHDS, OSU, or other stakeholders on or off campus;
• Assist other INTO OSU Student Success Services staff and the Director of Student Success Services, as needed.
To apply for this position, please click the following link to submit your resume/CV and a cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position. https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=784f8d56-cd0b-4d3e-a1ac-d483f8f0a37e&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=422407&source=CC2&lang=en_US
INTO Oregon State University (INTO OSU) is a partnership program which provides English language training and academic preparation for university study to international students. The INTO OSU Center serves more than 1,200 students per year with instruction and services which facilitate their transition to life in the US and their academic and personal success. INTO OSU is located on the Oregon State University (OSU) campus in Corvallis Oregon. Corvallis is one of America’s safest, greenest small cities and has been ranked the fifth best college town in the nation. Corvallis is located 90 miles south of Portland and is an hour’s drive to the beautiful Pacific Coast or the Cascade Mountain Range. Oregon State University is Oregon’s leading public research university, with 12 colleges and more than 200 undergraduate degree programs. The University welcomes a diverse student body of over 26,000 students from across Oregon, all 50 states and more than 100 countries. INTO is an organization working in partnership with leading Universities and investing in the development of world-class international student centers. Each INTO Center is managed by a joint venture management board in which INTO and the partner university are equal shareholders. Since 2006, INTO has successfully launched partnerships with universities in the United Kingdom, United States and Asia. The Oregon State University Center is the first in the US and was officially established in October 2008.
This position reports to the Director of Student Success Services, INTO OSU. Location This position is located on campus at the INTO OSU office in Corvallis, Oregon. Compensation This is a full time, non-exempt (hourly) position, eligible for overtime.
• Bachelor’s degree and one of more years’ professional work experience
• Coursework or experience in conduct or counseling;
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work as a productive member of a team;
• Demonstrated ability to help others from diverse cultures who have various levels of English proficiency;
• Ability to plan, develop, implement, and refine systems and processes;
• Computer and electronic communication literacy;
• Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity;
• Appropriate background check will be required prior to confirmation of appointment. Applicant must have the ability to be legally employed in the US;
• Professional experience working with college students;
• One year professional experience working with or supporting people in high need, emotional, or crisis situations;
• Overseas living experience and/or foreign language competence;
• Master’s in Counseling, Social Work, Student Services or related field, or equivalent experience.