The Student Success Advisor will be responsible for implementing dynamic retention initiatives designed to improve overall persistence of traditional and nontraditional students at Columbia College. These responsibilities will include student success coaching, managing and maintaining the case management tool for monitoring and tracking retention related alerts, assisting in data entry for retention programs and pilots, assisting students with resolving registration restrictions, and contacting students to resolve persistence concerns. The Student Success Advisor will assist the Director of Student Success in the implementation of processes, technology, and communications with students, faculty, and staff on student persistence and completion initiatives.
• Provide student success coaching and interventions for Day students regarding academic and financial aid concerns that may impact student retention.
• Manage manual retention alerts, providing triage to alerts submitted through retention software.
• Develop and refine cross-divisional student success initiatives for all student populations.
• Contact students based on batch retention alerts such as attendance concerns, low midterm grades, and registration.
• Develop and conduct retention-related workshops for Day students including financial aid literacy and available support programs.
• Maintain reporting for retention initiatives.
• Assist in data entry and data maintenance for retention programs and pilots.
• Assist in administrative duties for development and implementation of nontraditional student retention efforts.
• Keep current on academic, financial, and support services in order to provide the most accurate information to students.
• Assist Day students with the resolution of registration restrictions.
• Assist in the awarding of endowments designed to retain Day students.
Some evening or weekend work may be required.
Stephanie Whitener firstname.lastname@example.org 573-875-7721