The Student Success Coach in Academic Advising provides proactive advising, intake support, academic coaching and retention services to students. The Success Coach helps students navigate the academic landscape, while providing wrap-around coaching and supportive services that lead to academic success and completion. This position will support the Fehsenfeld Center in Hastings, Michigan as well as the main campus.
This full-time, administrative position reports to the Director of Academic Advising.
1. Work effectively with student services offices and academic departments to meet the goals and objectives of the advising office, division, and College. Serve as an active participant in a team environment, where employees work together to support student success.
2. Assist students with navigating the enrollment process.
3. Monitor student progress and utilize various retention strategies as needed to ensure student success. Advise students in goal setting, decision-making and the development of educational plans. Work in concert with the professional advising staff to ensure consistency and accuracy of such efforts.
4. Collaborate with key stakeholders both on campus and in the community to develop and maintain essential partnerships that aid in the success of students.
5. Assist the Director of Academic Advising with the coordination of department events and overall successful administration of academic advising.
6. Maintain confidentiality of student records within FERPA guidelines.
This position is open to internal and external candidates. To be considered, all required materials must be submitted no later than Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. EST, and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are submitted by the closing date and time. Only online applications will be accepted – any paper applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant. As part of the interview process, applicants will be given a writing assignment and will be required to make a presentation. to apply, go to: http://jobs.kellogg.edu/postings/852
Kellogg Community College is located in Battle Creek, Michigan, a community of approximately 54,000 people. Leisure activities, natural resources, and learning opportunities provide a foundation for residents. Located along the I-94 interstate, Battle Creek is within 30 minutes of Kalamazoo and Lansing, 60 minutes to Grand Rapids and within 3 hours of Detroit, Chicago, and Indianapolis.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; attach transcripts showing degree conferred at the time of application.
2. One (1) year experience in student services.
3. Proficiency using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
4. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare and deliver presentations.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and manage time effectively. 6. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
1. Master’s degree in a related field.
2. Experience working at a community college.
3. Two (2) years experience in academic advising or student services.