Acts as a primary resource for students in the area of academic advising
1. Provide Academic Advising
2. Teach classes
3. Facilitate new student orientation.
4. Address areas of academic concern with students.
5. Work with students who have been referred for services such as tutoring, study skills, and time management assistance.
6. Contact non-registered students during each registration period to provide needed assistance.
7. Provide assistance to student disability services office.
8. Provide supplemental advising and registration help to current students.
9. Promote campus support programs and co-curricular involvement opportunities.
10. Make referrals to other points of service such as counseling, career center, student development, and disability services.
11. Work collaboratively with the business and financial aid office to help students understand financial information and options.
12. Work with special populations such as exploratory, first-year, and second-year students in conjunction with other departments.
13. Teach selected and academic improvement sessions.
14. Contributes to the overall success of the Student Solutions Center by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Apply online: https://portal.flsouthern.edu/ICS/Employment_App/
Florida Southern College is located in Lakeland, FL with a student population of around 3,500.
1. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and lift up to 30 pounds.
1. This job occasionally requires work on nights and weekends.
2. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical office environment.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Human Resources at Florida Southern College