The Student Success Software Specialist will lead the campus-wide implementation and utilization of the university's newly acquired student success technology platform. EAB Navigate is a comprehensive communication platform that incorporates early intervention features and researched best practices designed to improve student success metrics (retention, persistence, graduation, credit accumulation, etc.). As a vended software package designed to connect students with appropriate academic support, EAB Navigate serves as a platform to facilitate the efforts of faculty and staff devoted to student success across GVSU. This is a full time position that will report to the AVP of Academic Affairs/ Student Success.
- Work with the external vendor and internal data owners to ensure that the software applications meet university needs. This includes
- Triage support and facilitate communication between stakeholders and the vendor
- Triage support and coordinate with vendor and internal Information Technology to implement software solutions
- Work with the vendor to ensure timely resolution of software issues
- Coordination and implementation of product upgrades provided by the vendor
- Test and troubleshoot software upgrades and vendor releases
- Recommend application features to improve stakeholder services
- Ensure that security best practices are being followed
- Administration of stakeholder roles and permissions
- Administration of system configuration for stakeholder needs
- Creation of reports to meet stakeholder needs
- Creation of documentation and training materials
- Provide training for stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the needs of internal constituents in relation to the institutional data as well as the vendor product and the services it offers.
- Communicate and collaborate with academic advising leadership across the institution to develop best practices that support students in their respective colleges and schools.
- Communicate and collaborate with other campus constituents to determine what features of the platform that will best support their work and develop a comprehensive training program for its implementation and utilization.
- Design user support materials that assist faculty, staff, and students in understanding the functionality and importance of proactive interventions for building a culture devoted to student success.
- Assemble and lead the EAB Navigate campus-wide leadership team, serve as the lead trainer for the system, create end-user resources, and develop and implement a communications plan and website for EAB Navigate resources.
- Develop effective intervention strategies based on best practices to support faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaborate with Information Technology Services and other campus offices to ensure effective integration of EAB Navigate with the university's Student Information System (Banner) and other student success software systems.
- Work closely with each College to design and implement outreach campaigns specific to the students they serve (and as resources warrant) to foster student success, retention, and graduation.
- Attend the annual Connected (EAB) conference and report back to campus constituencies as appropriate.
Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215
Grand Valley State University, established in 1960, is a four-year public university. It attracts nearly 25,000 students with its high-quality programs and state-of-the-art facilities. Grand Valley provides a fully accredited liberal undergraduate and graduate education and has campuses in Allendale, Grand Rapids, and Holland, and regional centers in Detroit, Muskegon, and Traverse City. Grand Valley is a comprehensive university, serving students from all 83 Michigan counties and dozens of other states and foreign countries. Grand Valley offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in 300+ areas of study. The university is dedicated to individual student achievement, going beyond the traditional classroom experience, with research opportunities and business partnerships. Grand Valley employs more than 3,000 people and is committed to providing a fair and equitable environment for the continued success of all.
Human Resources 616-331-2215
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years minimum experience with a higher education student information system
- Two years minimum experience with retention management systems
- Demonstrated experience in project management and experience in creating a team environment to reach goals and objectives
- A solid working knowledge of databases and data analysis in order to create comprehensive reports. This includes the ability to summarize, compile, and interpret student data and determine the success of student outreach initiatives.
- An analytical understanding of the factors impacting student retention, satisfaction and graduation rates and the ability to use that analysis to create practical programming and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a broad range of student support professionals and leaders to create a more integrated approach to student retention, persistence, and success efforts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various college stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement thorough training or orientation sessions
- Experience working with confidential material and handling difficult or sensitive matters with integrity, diplomacy, and discretion
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel between campuses as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible and extended schedule, including evenings, when needed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion
- Excellent presentation skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience with EAB retention systems, particularly EAB Navigate
- Experience in academic advising and/or academic coaching