Harpur Advising is seeking a Transfer Credit Coordinator to evaluate domestic and international transfer credit for Harpur undergraduate students. This person will manage and coordinate the transfer evaluation process for new Harpur College students. They will be responsible for staying up to date with local, state, national and international credit policies (ie: SUNY seamless transfer, etc), as well as Harpur College programs, courses, and majors/minors. The Transfer Credit Coordinator will be responsible for meeting with students, faculty and departmental representatives, as well as other campus partners, such as Enrollment Management and other student support offices. They will also serve as a resource and guide to advisors for transfer credit challenges and questions encountered while working with students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate transfer evaluations for new Harpur undergraduate students.
- Provide timely and accurate transfer evaluations for domestic and international transcripts for newly admitted and first semester Harpur College students. Evaluations include domestic and international transcripts, military transcripts, and exam based credits such as Advanced Placement, A-Levels, IB.
- Participate in new student orientation and recruitment events.
- Work closely with academic departments within Harpur College to ensure transfer equivalencies are properly awarded.
- Evaluate high school transcripts. Review and coordinate the transfer credit petition process.
- Stay up to date with current and upcoming transfer articulation agreements.
- Assist admissions with articulation agreement creation and/or review of agreements.
- Manage special transfer credit projects and initiatives as they arise.
- Serve on committees as assigned. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. Applicants should be highly organized, self-disciplined, proactive, able to work independently/effectively as a team member, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled. Persons interested in this position should apply online. Please submit: Resume, Cover letter, and Contact information for three professional references You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.
About Binghamton University: Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success. Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of experience in higher education
- Demonstrated understanding of the educational role of academic advising in enhancing student learning and development
- Ability to effectively, professionally and tactfully interact and communicate, both orally and in writing with students. faculty, staff and visitors
- Superior public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Understanding of and sensitivity to diverse socioeconomic, cultural and developmental needs
- Master's degree
- Experience in higher education/student affairs/student life
- Experience with BANNER and DegreeWorks
- Working knowledge of transfer credit processes