Instruction and Student Success Specialist Sr
Arizona State University EdPlus Learning Content & Tech Off-Campus: Scottsdale 66110BR Job Description EdPlus at ASU is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Instruction and Student Success Specialist Sr. to join our high-performing team and act as a key contributor in promoting and supporting student retention and graduation for the ASU Online population. The Instruction and Student Success Specialist Sr. will be responsible for multiple aspects of course management including facilitation, design and development, collaboration with colleges and other stakeholders, operations and logistics, as well as the support and oversight of section leaders. EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU. ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Salary Range $41,469 - $60,000 per year; DOE Close Date 22-March-2021 Working Environment EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy. Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks. Department Statement EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position. ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Essential Duties Online course facilitation (35%)
• Act as instructor in success course sections as needed, which includes student support, facilitating asynchronous discussions, offering synchronous virtual office hours, evaluating student submissions, final grade submission, and other administrative tasks.
• Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to support a consistent student experience that is of the utmost quality.
Course design and development (20%)
• Update and evolve curriculum of current online student onboard experiences.
• Update semester syllabus, course calendar and Canvas master shells for online ASU 101: The ASU Experience sections.
• Design and develop additional student onboarding experiences as needed.
• Collaborate with instructional designers to promote effective online andragogy and resolve technology challenges.
• Support the launch of each term through course copy requests and various course setup tasks.
• Analyze student and course data to inform enhancements.
Supervising and training section leaders (15%)
• Work with leadership to recruit, interview, select, and train section leaders.
• Evaluate section leader performance each session to ensure quality student service and make recommendations about future assignments.
• Assess section leader training on a semester basis and lead section leader workgroup to identify and implement changes.
• Act as a resource to all stakeholders providing support and answering questions as needed.
• Perform other duties as part of the student success initiatives at the direction of the Vice Dean.
Engagement Team (20%)
• Collaborate with campus partners as appropriate to update materials regarding other ASU departments or to coordinate curriculum with immersion onboarding experiences.
• Develop a professional network with student success experts at ASU and through professional organizations to inform and improve best practices.
• Summarize and present information to leadership and external stakeholders as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Establish and monitor class/seat availability for ASU 101 each term and make recommendations to add new sections as student enrollment necessitates.
• Run reports to monitor course enrollment each session to ensure students are registered in the correct sections of ASU 101 (or equivalent course).
• Partner with colleges and student services teams facilitate schedule changes when necessary.
Instructions to Apply
• Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
• Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
• Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
• Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position.
• If you are an ASU internal applicant, please click on the ASU Employees link located on the Careers at ASU webpage to apply.
• ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
• Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience. To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 66110BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=4195296#jobDetails=4195296_5494
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456. Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services. ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Background Check Statement ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 66110BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=4195296#jobDetails=4195296_5494
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience; OR, Nine (9) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Evidence of a Master’s degree in a related field.
• Experience in advising, first-year programs or success courses preferred. (1-3 years).
• Experience in the development of curriculum, online andragogy, or educational technology services.
• Experience teaching coursework for students in the university environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and methods of student success.
• Experience in being self-motivated and working independently, along with a willingness and ability to take direction and work as part of a team.
• Experience in applying the principles, techniques and methods of teamwork, compromise, and collaboration to produce desired outcomes.
• Experience in the use of internet-based research tools, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Dropbox, and other applications.
• Experience in providing meaningful feedback to support student success modeling grammar, sentence structure, and writing commensurate with that of an academic setting.
• Experience in rapidly adapting and effectively utilizing new technology, practices, policies and methods in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, faculty, students, administration, and other interested parties.
• Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience demonstrating sensitivity to needs of a diverse student population.