Categories: South Central Region 7
|Ozarks Technical Community College
|Jul 9 2019 10:00PM
The Academic Advisor provides academic advising to prospective and currently enrolled students.
- Provide academic advising to both prospective and enrolled students, including guidance with directed self-placement, explaining curriculum requirements, and assisting with the selection of appropriate classes.
- Conduct Student Advising and Registration (STAR) Seminars for incoming students.
- Assist students who are having academic or personal difficulties, including connections with appropriate community and campus resources.
- Guide students planning to transfer to other higher education institutions in the selection of appropriate coursework.
- Serve as a resource for part-time and faculty advisors, providing training as needed.
- Exhibit exemplary attendance and punctuality.
- Comply with college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including attending college functions, serving on committees and attending community events.
- Remain competent and current in the area of academic advising through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending professional development courses and training.
Ozarks Technical Community College’s primary mission is to provide accessible, high quality, affordable technical and general education that is responsive to the educational needs of the community and its diverse constituencies.
Ginger Luke firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- One year of experience in Student Affairs at the collegiate level.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use information technology for professional productivity (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Previous academic advising experience in a college setting.
- Experience with Colleague.
- Experience working within a community college setting.