Coordinates university retention initiatives including supplemental instruction, intervention courses, the early alert system and the summer development program. Collaborates with staff on New Student Orientation and other Student Success Center initiatives.
* Coordinates the early alert system
* Identifies students at-risk for not being retained
* Coordinates retention initiatives with other university programs such as advising, student affairs, behavior intervention team, etc.
* Coordinates academic probation/suspension program
* Develops and teaches intervention courses for probation and suspension students
* Provides individualized coaching for suspension students
* Coordinates and directs the supplemental instruction program
* Collaborates with staff on New Student Orientation programming and other Student Success Center initiatives
* Coordinates and directs the summer developmental program (including hiring faculty)
* Supports identified students through interventions and referrals
* Compiles and reports data on at-risk students
* Communicates early alerts to the appropriate Navigator
* Communicates with faculty to encourage reporting of at-risk behaviors of students Provides training to faculty in the reporting procedures
* Maintains communication and coordinates intervention efforts with the students, advisors, Navigators, department chairs, and other individuals involved
* Maintains records of early alert efforts and results
* Collaborates with Navigators, advisors, and students to evaluate the academic needs of reported students
* Performs other duties as assigned/required
Please apply at the Mississippi University for Women website: https://muw.peopleadmin.com/postings/3706
MUW is a public university that feels like a private college. Founded in 1884 as the first public college for women in the United States, MUW is a tradition-rich university that has educated men for more than 30 years. Located in historic Columbus and on a campus boasting 23 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places, the campus atmosphere is collegial and supportive of excellent teaching and learning.
Nicole Patrick, Search Committee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org