This position reports to the Executive Director of Advising and Academic Success, but works most closely with the Director of Academic Success. This position within Academic Success helps students attain their best possible academic outcomes.
The majority of this work centers on, but is not limited to:
• Managing the Peer Learning Program which includes:
• Recruiting, hiring, training and managing Peer Learning Associates,
• Coordinating spaces (physical and online) and schedules for Peer Learning;
• Advertising Peer Learning Program;
• Managing the Peer Learning Budget
• Providing individual student academic counseling to ensure that students move into and through courses to graduate successfully, ideally within four years.
These conversations should help students:
• Find their voice (particularly students from minority or underrepresented groups);
• Understand their goals and objectives in the short and long term;
• Identify strategies to address/remove barriers to success;
• Recruit resources to solve problems;
• Create a plan for moving forward.
• Supporting Disability Services processes such as:
• Assistance animal-based accommodations (probably running this program);
• Accommodation Letters and Academic Testing Services.
• Mentoring students from under represented communities.
• Presenting programs and talks related to student success including:
• Majors’ Fair;
• Summer Bridge Program;
• Presentations to parents and student groups.
Please submit online application at https://jobapply.page.link/V5km.
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where members of the Hendrix Community treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin. For more information at Hendrix, please visit www.Hendrix.edu/aboutHendrix.
Please submit cover letter and resume at https://jobapply.page.link/V5km.