The Department of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering (ISE) at The Grainger College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Graduate Programs. Reporting to the Associate Head for Graduate Studies, the Assistant Director of Graduate Programs provides support in the day-to-day administration and oversight of the ISE graduate programs by managing, coordinating, planning and leading all program and advising activities for graduate students. This individual serves as a key staff in the program and participates in all meetings involving curricula, marketing, and recruitment.
Please see specific duties and responsibilities at: https://jobs.illinois.edu/academic-job-board/job-details?jobID=124713&job=assistant-director-of-graduate-programs-department-of-industrial-and-enterprise-systems-engineering-124713
The Assistant Director of Graduate Programs position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by January 13, 2020. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Rachael Follmer, email@example.com, 217-300-6304.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
Rachael Follmer, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Education, or related field
• Minimum of four years of progressive work experience in higher education programs, student services, or other relevant area.
• Experience with student academic advising.
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Education, or related field.
• Experience in graduate programs and/or working directly with graduate students, including student recruitment.
• Experience managing a budget.
• Experience in the use of electronic administrative systems and other web-based student record data systems.
• Knowledge of Graduate College policy and departmental degree program requirements.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary, as is the ability to understand international rules and customs.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and develop priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
• Proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and web maintenance programs.