The Director of Academic Advising is responsible for the overall management and operation of the advising and testing services offered at the Blinn College Bryan Campus. Also responsible for the TEAM program and assisting with other transfer programs that Blinn College is a part of. Working with the Director, Assistant Director of Academic Advising of the Brenham Campus to build maintain and build a team approach to advising on a District level. Responsibilities also include ongoing collaboration with Dean of Financial Aid and Academic Advising regarding matters of supervision of Advising and Testing staff, monitoring various student success initiatives, providing direct advising services to the Blinn College student.
1. Directs the planning, development, implementation of activities and initiatives within the Bryan Academic Advising and Testing Center.
2. Provide guidance and direction of daily functions within the operations of the Academic Advising office.
3. Provide direct supervision to Assistant Director, TEAM Manager, and Academic Advisors.
4. Promote campus awareness of varied services available to students of Blinn College.
5. Develop comprehensive training for new and returning Full-Time, Part-Time, Faculty Advisors, and student workers.
6. Serve on Campus wide committees as needed.
7. Provide guidance in the hiring, training and supervision of Academic Advising Staff members.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a 12 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverages can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, http://www.ers.texas.gov/PDFs/NEBG-HE.pdf Leave time includes 96 hours vacation, 40 hours discretionary and 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month. Paid leave for college designated holiday’s, spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)
Brent Williford - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Masters degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, or a related field from an accredited institution of Higher Education.
2. 3 or more years of supervisory experience of direct reports.
3. 2-3 year of Student Service experience in a College or University setting.
4. 2-3 years of academic advising experience in a College or University setting.
1. 4 or more years of Student Service experience in higher education
2. 4 or more years of Academic advising experience at the College or University level