The Work-based Learning Coordinator develops, implements, and supports new and continuing work-based learning opportunities at Arapahoe Community College. This position is grant-funded through June 2022 and contingent upon continued funding at that time.
The Work-Based Learning Coordinator will work with community partners and business and industry leaders to secure opportunities that align with the ACC strategic directions of student success and collaborative partnerships. Work-based learning encompasses, but is not limited to, registered apprenticeships, internships, undergraduate research, job shadowing, industry tours, and informational interviews. The Coordinator will focus on critical industry sectors throughout the south Denver metro area, with priority given to students in Career and Technical Education pathways. The Work-Based Learning Coordinator will also serve as a career advisor for a caseload of undeclared students guiding them in academic and career exploration. Using individual assessments and career counseling and planning, the Coordinator will assist students with career decision-making and guide them to the successful completion of their stated goals. The Coordinator will also create and deliver programming to engage students in the career development process and explore transfer opportunities.
Visit our Careers site to view the complete posting and submit your application: https://jobs.silkroad.com/Arapahoe/Careers/jobs/549
Arapahoe Community College was established in 1965 as the first two-year college in the greater Denver area. ACC provides students with innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities. We are committed to preparing learners for life success by upholding the highest academic standards and supporting the growth and success of each individual.
Ana Bond email@example.com
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience working in academic advising, career advising, or workforce development.
• Experience managing multiple projects and ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience developing, marketing, and implementing workshops and programs.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, administrator, and employer stakeholders.
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and planning skills.
• Proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office programs, and use of the web.
• Experience developing, marketing, and implementing workshops and programs to assists students/clients in career development.
• Experience developing and promoting internship/experiential learning opportunities for students in a higher education environment.
• Knowledge of job and internship markets in Colorado.
• Proficiency with career exploration resources and assessment tools.
• Commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment; ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
• Experience working with students at a community college and familiarity with the strategic initiatives associated with student retention and completion.
• Project management experience.
• Experience writing and presenting written and oral proposals.
• Experience using Banner and/or Navigate and related modules to support student success.