The High School to College Advising Community is a dynamic, interactive forum which promotes best practices, provides information and strategies for working with high school students and functions as a support network for advising professionals. The Community provides a forum for discussing best practices when advising high school students in a college setting; inter and intra campus relationships in regards to high school students; the relationship between high school counselors and college academic advisors in regards to present and future college students; and creative ways to foster the relationship between high school counselors and college academic advisers to provide a seamless transition between high school and college
- Connect with other professionals in the field
- Provide easy access to resources
- Reflect best practices for all students
- Provide information, research and best practices to others, including but not limited to, college/university advisors and high school guidance counselors
- Share various perspectives of differing universities, colleges, institutions and programs
- Address the issues inherent in advising High School to College students
2018-2019 Strategic Goals
- Increase professional development opportunitites for those working with high school to college students.
- Increase access to resources, tips, suggestions, etc. regarding High school to College Advising.
- Annually increase attendance at meetings- AC meeting 2017 had 12 participants. *2018 had 25 participants.