Reports to (Title): Director, University Campus Admissions
Salary Grade: $19.00 - $21.00/hr Location / Campus: Remote
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly
The Admissions Counselor is the first point of contact and first impression prospective students will have of Antioch University. This person needs to have a desire to help make a difference in people's lives. Admissions Counselors will take incoming calls, and make outbound calls, texts and emails to/from prospective and reentering students. The Admissions Counselors play a vital role in advising and assisting students with the pursuance of their educational goals. This class is distinguished from Admissions Counselor I in that this role performs not only level-I duties but also a broader range and more complex admissions support and recruitment duties. The Admissions Counselor II works collaboratively with others in admissions, recruitment and marketing to provide service including planning, enrollment management, recruitment and application review. Recruitment duties such as planning, organizing and implementation of recruitment strategy, including but not limited to, open houses, transfer fairs, workshops, co-hosting information sessions, etc. The Admissions Counselor II will represent the University at transfer fairs, graduate fairs, tabling events, etc.
Admissions Counselor Duties - 75%
* Setting up one on one enrollment appointments via phone outreach with prospective students
* Cultivate prospective student relationships using phone and email correspondence
* Conduct detailed pre-admission counseling for prospective graduate and undergraduate students
* Conduct face-to-face, telephone enrollment appointments and e-mail correspondence to identify adult student prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests while promoting the benefits of higher education with prospective students
* Provide superior customer service when interacting with prospective students on the phone, in writing, by email and/or in person
* Communicates effectively when working with prospective, future and current students while avoiding misrepresentation at all times
* Document all activity in the database management system in a timely and accurate manner
* Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to prioritize and manage daily workflow
* Conduct campus tours
* Elect to participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: campus tours open houses, info sessions, transfer, fairs, graduate fairs, tabling events, etc.
* Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered
* Meet admissions department daily, weekly, and quarterly productivity goals, i.e. phone calls, e-mails, applications, interviews, etc.
* Perform preliminary evaluation of unofficial transcripts
* Oversee submission of completed application files to Program Chairs and Director , University Campus Admissions for admission decisions
* Understand and execute on key performance indicators in order to meet business objectives
Admissions /Recruitment Duties - 20%
* Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students/applicants providing consistent, accurate and timely information via phone, email, mail correspondence and assists with overcoming objections.
* Meets and exceeds identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to accepted and accepted to enrolled yield goals which directly relate to tuition revenue generation and impact the financial health of the university
* Assists with training on a variety of topics including admissions, financial aid, overcoming objections etc. that lead to increasing start rate and boosting enrollment
* Serves as an additional point of contact when prospective students are unresponsive or want to withdraw.
* Schedule, promote and lead individual and group information meetings for degree programs targeted at prospective students in order to answer questions, accept applications for admission, and secure student commitments to start a program in a selected term (i.e. information sessions, graduate fairs, transfer fairs, tabling sessions, group tours, community college visits)
* Participate in recruitment events at partner institutions and meet with students and collaborate with the institution personnel for the purpose of marketing AUSB's programs and find new ways to connect with prospective students
* Represent the University at transfer fairs, graduate fairs (including conferring with college counselors, individuals and student groups).
* Assists with the creation of the recruitment presentation that will be used when presenting to partner schools and local businesses within the community
* Provide valuable insight to help strengthen admissions and recruitment strategies
* Participate on university-wide committees as requested and engage others in enrollment initiatives
* Create and nurture external community and professional relationships
* Provide continuous evaluation of processes and procedures at the end of each intake cycle with results being used to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
* Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus
* Recommend appropriate technologies to support enrollment functions
* Performs other duties as assigned
TO APPLY- Applicants that meet the qualifications must complete the application, submit a cover letter, resume/CV and three business references when applying. NOTE: The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/RDq2rzSWNxoGPC1zLtOGlo PI177647672
Antioch University reserves the right to change the duties of the job description at any time. Antioch University provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs.
Location: Remote or any AU Campus
Measures of Success
The Admissions Counselor will be measured based on managing multiple complex responsibilities and initiatives in parallel to achieving results on time.
* Commitment and Service – The commitment to be available for prospective students and provide them with best-in-class service. This includes responsiveness to student questions, consistent work attendance and punctuality, and accessibility to student needs. Additionally, Counselors must be thorough in their follow up with prospective students and in response to assigned tasks and duties.
* Team Work – An integral part of the University and assists their peers and their supervisor in any areas, either proactively, or upon request. Teamwork is absolutely essential to ensure the high quality of service to our students.
* Product Knowledge – The Counselor will be expected to have a deep understanding of the University academic curriculum, program offerings and understanding of the industry demands.
* Technical Acumen – The Counselor will have access to leading edge customer management software applications and need to demonstrate fluency in utilizing these applications. Counselors should embrace the opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies as well as propose solutions for how we can constantly improve our processes.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field; experience should give evidence of competence and indicate the potential for further growth.
* Demonstrated experience providing customer service, including the ability to tailor communications and interactions to the specific individual as required.
* Competency using desktop software including Microsoft Office Suite and standard office equipment; Datatel Colleague and Salesforce experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires the knowledge, skills and ability to:
* Knowledge of University processes and procedures. Knowledge of and ability to learn, interpret, and apply University policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to admissions, graduation, transfer and enrollment
* Extensive knowledge of interview techniques and principles of individual and group behavior
* Skilled in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups
* Advise students individually and in groups on routine matters where required; recognize multicultural, multi-gender and multi-aged value systems and work accordingly
* Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, University administrators, student organizations, private and public agencies and others in committee work, and student advising and community contacts
* Ability to make decisions and carry through actions having implications with regard to other program or student service areas
* Ability to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff
* Ability to balance multiple, often conflicting, priorities with deadline constraints and numerous interruptions.
* Ability to successfully follow multiple tasks through to completion
* Ability to conduct admissions activities with the highest level of integrity while acting in compliance with university policies and procedures.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regards to any and all information as a direct or indirect result of job responsibilities/job functions
* Primary point of contact for prospective students and will have the ability to assist with overcoming objections
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position serving a national university. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. The typical work week is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Work Location Remote
While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The individual must regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires daily use of computer and other standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.