Provides academic advisement for prospective, current, and former students within a specifed undergraduate academic department or equivalent unit of a college. Assesses academic level, attends to sudent inquiries, assists in problem resolution, and advises on program changes, and in the development of academic plans and schedules. Analyzes applications, transfer evaluations, and transcripts for entry and exit from the university. Maintains appropriate records. May establish programs for target recruitment and retention and develop program and marketing materials.
• Provide academic advising, and proactive assistance, to undergraduate students through multiple delivery mechanisms such as: in person appointments, phone, email, walk-ins, group advising, group informational sessions, and orientation sessions.
• Advise exploratory students (including both students who are unclassified or pursuing a meta-major as well as any declared major who indicates the desire to explore other options). Become familiar with best practices in major exploration and career advising. Develop tools to assist students in the exploration process. Assist with the maintenance of meta-major maps.
• Participate in campus-wide welcome activities and events; including but not limited to, New Student Orientation and Crimson Kickoff.
• Participate in campus-wide retention and student success initiatives such as: Quick Connect (early alert), Enrollment Calling Campaign, Early Performance Grade outreach, and CRM Advise.
• Assist in the upkeep of degree maps, individual student records, and both print and online academic advising tools.
• Contribute to the development of online tools and use of technology to enhance academic advising and overall office function.
• Participate in professional development opportunities contributing to the ongoing improvement of academic advising in the college.
• Participate in college and university committees as assigned by the Director.
Apply at the following link: https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/41685
NMSU is New Mexico’s land-grant and space-grant institution, a comprehensive research institution dedicated to teaching, research, public service and outreach. In addition, the NMSU system includes a satellite learning center in Albuquerque, Cooperative Extension Service offices located in each of New Mexico’s 33 counties, and 12 agriculture research and science centers. New Mexico State University is the institution of choice for more than 15,000 students from 49 states and 89 foreign countries.