Provides academic advisement for college programs and conducts outreach activities. This position assists students in identifying and understanding issues and procedures related to their educational objectives.
- Provides academic advisement, career information and guidance activities, educational/degree planning, course selection, and related support services for the programs offered by the college; tracks student progress and reports on activities as necessary
- Assists students to take and score self-administered vocational interest and aptitude tests; assists students in assessing academic skills
- Assists students with transfer of courses, programs, and universities
You must submit your application online to be considered for a vacant position at Tarrant County College District (TCCD). You will need a valid email address to receive communications from TCCD. You should gather all documents needed to complete the application (i.e., résumé, references, certifications, licenses, transcripts, etc.) because the system automatically times out. You must complete and submit an application for each position for which you would like to be considered. Once you submit your application and receive a confirmation number, you will not be able to edit the application for that position.
Tarrant County College www.tccd.edu Tarrant County College District provides affordable and open access to quality teaching and learning. Tarrant County College (TCC) is committed to providing guided pathways for students that help them to achieve their educational goals. By committing to the institution's 3 Goals and 8 Principles, TCC will function as One College, be Student Ready, and Serve the Community. These goals are the lens and the principles are the focus through which TCC employees approach their work every day.
TCCD Recruitment Team 817-515-5236 jobs.tccd.edu (opportunities) firstname.lastname@example.org (email contact)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of experience in advising, counseling, financial aid, admissions, retention, or student services
- Experience in advising students of diverse cultures and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience working with computerized systems
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience as an academic advisor in a college or university
- Experience in multicultural program development and mentoring
- Experience in transfer advising