The Health Sciences advisor will offer developmental advising to a wide variety of students interested in health professions and will work closely with the Pre-Health Advisor/Recruitment Coordinator. The health sciences advisor must be proficient with program and university admissions policies and procedures, general education and degree requirements and maps, transfer credit processes, university and departmental petition processes, financial aid, and scholarships. The advisor must have a working knowledge of health profession workforce needs in the state and nation and be able to discuss career options and alternatives.
1. Communicate with and advise prospective and current health professions students in person, online or by phone
2. Primary advising responsibility for first- and second-year students in the following programs: Community & Public Health, Dental Hygiene, Medical Lab Sciences, Nutrition & Dietetics, and Radiographic Science
a. Assist advisees in course registration, and monitor academic progress
b. Effectively communicate institutional standards for graduation
c. Work closely with assigned academic departments within the Kasiska Division of Health Sciences to ensure accurate advisement and a thorough understanding of the various program and course requirements
d. Connect students to campus resources as necessary
e. Work within the current academic advising initiatives to promote a coordinated, proactive advising environment
f. Serve on university committees as requested
g. Communicate effectively with all advising entities and other departments across campus as needed 3. Maintain communication/connection with departments in Pocatello and at outreach locations with regard to programs that offer options on those campuses
4. Maintain and update documentation (calendar, notes, etc.) to track interactions and records
5. Attend various events for recruitment and retention (some travel and/or after hours work required)
6. Collaborate regularly with other KDHS and Pre-Health advisors regarding advising workload and projects
7. Other duties as assigned
Please submit the following documents with your application: Cover Letter, CV/Resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled, however, priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 5, 2021. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Idaho State University HR (208) 282-2517.