The University of Maine Farmington, (located in Farmington, Maine) is seeking applicants for a Director of Advising for a two-year, fixed-length appointment. The Director of Advising is a year round, professional position with primary responsibility for advisor development, advising program development, oversight of institution-wide advising projects and policies, and advising-related communications, as well as supplemental teaching and mentoring duties.
• Coordinating campus advising practices with academic and administrative departments and committees, including Faculty Senate, Admissions, Merrill Center, and the Registrar's office, to provide seamless student service from acceptance through graduation.
• Overseeing advising projects in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Advising, the Associate Provosts, and others including, registration campaigns, summer advising, early alert systems and campaigns, advising award, implementation of new software, division training sessions, etc.
• Working with other campus leaders (Provost, Division Chairs, etc.) to develop and implement new advising policies and programs such as (for example) advisor assessment, and improving advisor assignments.
• Representing UMF advising on committees as needed, both internal committees and system committees (currently SWAG (System Wide Advising Group), Recruitment &Retention, ALC, Summer Registration, and Academic Success Team, as well as chairing planned Advising Council).
• Supporting and coordinating advising for Undecided majors.
• Meeting regularly with the Provost and works closely with the Associate Provosts and VP of Enrollment Management about Advising and Student Success planning.
• Assisting with and pursuing professional development opportunities, including NACADA and other conferences.
• Advising approximately 10 students.
• Teaching up to 2 courses per year, as needed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Farmington is a small, residential campus peacefully nestled in the spectacular lakes & mountains region of western Maine, near Sugarloaf and Sunday River and smack in the middle of the best skiing, hiking, kayaking and rafting in the northeast. If you’re into the outdoors, this is the perfect place to live and work. The campus is in historic downtown Farmington, just a short walk away from coffee shops, restaurants, banks, bookstores, a multi-screen movie theater and more. Established in 1864 as Maine’s first public institution of higher education, the University of Maine at Farmington is a founding member of The Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC) an exclusive national group of public colleges and universities committed to providing superior liberal arts and sciences education. Learn more: https://www.umf.maine.edu/about/
Apply via our career site: https://umf.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=69366&job=director-of-advising-two-year-fixed-length-appointment&collection=true
Amie Parker Director of Human Resources