The graduate academic advisor will provide direct coaching and academic skill-building services, and coordinate day-to-day case management for holistic support to Merrimack graduate students.
• 20 hours per week of direct, individualized and group coaching to graduate students seeking skill-building and strategies to advance their academic success
• Coordinating case management for individual students in need of academic of non- academic support from campus partners
• Applying best practices for case and data management in platforms such as Slate and Advocate
• Partnering with related academic support centers (the writing center and math center) to connect students with existing resources
• Working with Director of Graduate Academic Success to develop, promote, and deliver regular workshops for graduate students to improve their academic skills and outcomes
• Working with Director of Graduate Academic Success to develop, promote, and deliver regular workshops to support faculty and staff in advancing graduate academic success in the classroom and beyond
• Serving as part of the three-person professional leadership team of the Graduate Center
• Other duties as assigned, including administrative support for the Center, including (but not limited to)
1) tracking and producing data reports on student use of the center’s resources,
2) assisting with event coordination and newsletter construction, and 3) communicating with campus partners about opportunities and events.
Interested candidates can apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6a0a1cc7-b180-45b3-a723-1c8159d2f829&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=429741&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work:
Unless otherwise stated above, this is an on-campus position. This is not a remote or hybrid position as employees are essential in order to provide a fully on-campus, residential college experience for our students and the community. Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Application materials should include:
Cover letter stating motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, our values, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Catherine Chandler, Director of Graduate Academic Success, firstname.lastname@example.org