The Graduate Intern position in Undergraduate Academic Services is an opportunity for a qualified graduate student to gain valuable, in-depth knowledge and skills pertaining to higher education and academic advising. The practicum is intentionally created to allow the graduate intern to explore various areas of interest and continue the process of attaining and strengthening their professional competencies.
• Provide in-depth academic counseling and developmental advising via scheduled appointments and drop-in hours
• Participate in weekly staff meetings
• Contribute to the idea generation/creation/delivery of academic advising programming for undergraduate students
• Create and deliver an in-service session to the professional and peer team on an advising topic of interest
• Join campus-wide committee meetings and be exposed to opportunities for collaboration (as available)
• Assist with the planning and execution of new student initiatives, including New Student Registration Day in the spring, programming, and/or seminar as available
• Be assigned a small case load of students on Academic Performance (when available and appropriate)
Please forward a letter of interest, current resume, and the names and contact information of two references to: Valerie Como, Senior Academic Advisor Undergraduate Academic Services, Bentley University Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 781.891.2246 Applications will be accepted through April 23, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader and one with the deep technical skills, broad global perspective, and high ethical standards required to make a difference in an ever-changing world. Located on a classic New England campus just minutes from Boston, Bentley is a dynamic community of leaders, scholars, and creative thinkers.
Undergraduate Academic Services (UAS) at Bentley University is a dynamic, cutting edge, student-centered office offering a variety of comprehensive academic advising services to Bentley’s undergraduate students. Our mission is to provide primary support to the undergraduate campus community of faculty, staff, and students by interpreting and implementing college academic curriculum, policies, and procedures. Our professional and peer advisors can help students get the most out of their Bentley experience.
Valerie Como, Senior Academic Advisor Undergraduate Academic Services, Bentley University Email: email@example.com Phone: 781.891.2246