Online Student Success Coach
Categories: Mid Atlantic Region 2
|University of the Sciences Online
|University of the Sciences
|Aug 8 2019 10:00PM
University of the Sciences Online has an immediate need for a Graduate Student Success Coach to advise our online student population. This is an online role and a great opportunity for career advancement in the online space. This position is located in Philadelphia and will need to physically be on campus.
- Coach cohort of students from matriculation through degree or certificate completion
- Refer and act as a liaison with University Offices on behalf of enrolled students
- Monitor student progress and motivate students towards completion
- Deliver proactive, individualized outreach to students based on identified risk factors including academic, financial, and personal circumstances.
- Utilize the SIS and other University systems to track student progress
- Observe and make suggestions to continuously improve the student experience
- Oversee orientation of students to the University and LMS prior to matriculation
- Work with students, faculty, and staff of USciences Online to facilitate student success
- Develop an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP) with each student that will include realistic goals that foster personal and academic success
- Conduct ILP sessions with students prior to each enrollment
- Respond to student inquiries within 24-hours (business day) via email, phone, text, chat (text and video) or other available technologies
At USciences we create a better world in many ways. We educate the next generation of leaders in healthcare and science, increase the world’s knowledge and improve the lives of people around the planet. USciences offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals seeking job, career and personal growth. Our campus community affords a wide range of faculty and staff positions that support our academic programs and students with many jobs similar to those found in private organizations. If you are motivated by being surrounded by achievement, enjoy work with a shared purpose and want the pride that comes with being part of a winning team, join us today.
EEO Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree, Masters preferred 2-3 years of experience in Higher Education preferably related to providing advisement to students in an online environment
- Strong Demonstrated experience providing direct support for students at risk
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work with wide-range of audiences including faculty, staff, students, alumni, corporate partner, and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to serve the needs of a culturally diverse student population
- Flexible work hours – may have to work some evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on detail
- Strong analytical skills including data gathering, analysis, assessment and evaluation, and evidence based planning
- The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.
- Master's degree - Educational Leadership, Student Affairs, Student Development, Psychology, Educational Psychology, or a related discipline