The Palmetto College Coordinator for the Criminal Justice program at USC Upstate is responsible for recruiting potential CJ students from area technical colleges and criminal justice organizations; advising current students in the CJ program; and supporting the ongoing development of the Palmetto College Criminal Justice program. This position will be funded by Palmetto College.
Palmetto College Coordinator for Criminal Justice University of South Carolina Upstate STA00182PO21 Spartanburg, SC www.uscupstate.edu The Palmetto College Coordinator for the Criminal Justice program at USC Upstate is responsible for recruiting potential CJ students from area technical colleges and criminal justice organizations; advising current students in the CJ program; and supporting the ongoing development of the Palmetto College Criminal Justice program. This position will be funded by Palmetto College.
• Provides academic counseling, registration assistance, and appropriate campus-based referral services for all Palmetto College criminal justice students, applicants, and referrals. Keeps complete records regarding financial aid, admission requirements, course requirements, related academic and student services.
• Monitors Palmetto College criminal justice students regarding enrollment, success and retention, and graduation efforts. Advises Department Chair of Sociology, Criminal Justice and Women’s Studies on admissions decisions and evaluates transcripts for transfer credits. Maintains detailed records.
• Provides in-person or virtual orientation to USC Upstate campus services and advises regarding institutional policies and procedures.
• Works closely with the Palmetto College Call Center Recruiters and system Palmetto College Coordinators to follow-up with the prospective students.
• Performs outreach to SC Technical Colleges to promote the Palmetto College criminal justice program on those campuses, including developing relationships with criminal justice department contacts and transfer/advising center contacts and attending campus events such as transfer days and career fairs. Attends relevant professional conferences and/or career events to promote the Palmetto College criminal justice program.
• Serves on the Palmetto College Implementation Team including attendance at meetings on the Columbia campus and participation in monthly conference calls. Coordinates efforts with the other Palmetto College advisors and regularly reports to the Palmetto College Chancellor, the USC Upstate Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the Registrar, and Palmetto College degree program coordinators. Other assigned duties.
For a complete job description and to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/95214
The University of South Carolina Upstate is a comprehensive public university, a senior institution of the University of South Carolina and is among the fastest growing universities in the State. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked USC Upstate No. 1 among Top Public Regional Colleges in the South. USC Upstate has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars. In addition, students and faculty from over 25 nations reflect the university’s international character. Located between Charlotte and Atlanta along the I-85 corridor, one of the fastest growing business and high-tech regions in the country, the campus is within easy driving distance of the Appalachian mountains and the Atlantic Ocean beaches. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6000 students and employs approximately 650 full and part-time faculty and staff, reflecting the diversity of Upstate South Carolina. USC Upstate is proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for faculty, staff, and administrators.
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
Dr. Lizabeth Zack Chair, Department of Sociology, Criminal Justice, & Women’s Studies
University of South Carolina Upstate
800 University Way
Spartanburg, SC 29303