The McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science plans to hire a continuing, full-time Assistant Professor of Instruction (non-tenure track; rank negotiable) to serve as a freshman adviser in undergraduate engineering.
The adviser will support first year students in academic and career planning. In addition to these duties, the adviser will be expected to teach three quarter-length courses annually, emphasizing freshman design.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
• Applications will only be accepted via online submission (see link below).
• Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
• Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
• All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
• Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Applications accepted here: https://www.mccormick.northwestern.edu/students/undergraduate/faculty-careers.html Applicants will need to upload a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement about their advising and mentoring philosophy, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references. To receive full consideration, all materials should be received by December 1, 2019. The desired starting date is March 15, 2020.
Founded in 1909, the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University thrives at the intersection of global problems and the knowledge needed to solve them.
Associate Dean Wesley Burghardt at firstname.lastname@example.org