January 10-23, 2024
Call for Nominations open Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Call for Nominations close Thursday, November 30, 2023
PLEASE NOTE | This is an election for the Region Steering Committee. You'll have an opportunity to vote in the NACADA General Election beginning February 7. These are two separate elections. The general election will elect members to the NACADA Board, Region Chairs for even-numbered regions, and certain Advising Community Chairs, as well as other leadership positions. The Region Steering Committee Election will elect leaders for the positions listed on this page.
2024 Region Steering Committee Election
January 10-23, 2024
2024 NACADA General Election
February 7-20, 2024
Current NACADA members will receive a ballot on January 10.
Current NACADA members as of January 31 will receive a ballot on February 7.
Members need to follow the instructions in the email to vote.
What is the Region Steering Committee?
The Region Steering Committee helps the Region Chair set region direction through establishing goals and outcomes, aiding in establishing the region budget, carrying out responsibilities and initiatives, and providing historical perspective during transitions of region leadership. The Region Steering Committee represents the diversity of the region, as well as represents each geographical area within the Region. All Region Steering Committee roles are two-year terms, elected by the region membership, unless otherwise explicitly stated. Newly elected members will start their term at the Region Conference.
Qualifications and Requirements for Region Steering Committee Positions
• current member of NACADA, and maintain their membership through their term.
• attend the Region Conference and Annual Conference during their term (if possible).
• attend (in-person or virtual) all other meetings of the Region Steering Committee.
• Region Steering Committee members may run for election in a second consecutive term.
• After serving two consecutive terms, a member must wait two years before serving in another Region Steering Committee position.