The Department of Academic and Support Services for Student Athletes invites you to apply for an exciting new position at the university, Assistant Director of Academic and Support Services for Student Athletes. The university is launching a new advising model to support student athletes and is looking for a dynamic individual to work with the director of the department to build this exciting new department. The Assistant Director will play a prominent academic advising role with student-athletes, providing academic support and guidance for student athletes to create academic and co-curricular plans, connecting student athletes with resources and opportunities, and serving as a source of ongoing support through student athletes academic careers. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Academic Advising: work with students individually to create curricular and co-curricular plans for timely graduation and long-term success
- Work closely with athletics department coaches and staff to best support the success of the student athletes
- Coordinate with other Campus Partners: work closely with academic departments and Student Success Center (SSC) to develop deep understanding of academic programs, support systems, and university policies and procedures
- Records and Data Management: coordinate system for academic update requests, maintain appointment and walk-in availability in online systems, record information about student appointments
- Develop and implement programs for student-athletes
- Interpret and evaluate problems; analyze and define the issues; draw valid conclusions; and propose appropriate and effective solutions.
The ideal start date for this position is September 1, 2019(negotiable).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b28pbvpp569hs72b
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in the Princeton Review's Best 384 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population. Bellarmine is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.