ESSENTIAL FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides overall leadership in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for Career Services including job placement, career planning, career development services, cooperative education, and associated adult learner services. Manages the operational, budget and personnel functions of the office.
• Manages the Career Services operation to ensure efficient, timely, and effective programs and services for its users.
• Develops short- and long-range operating plans, including budgets, programs and services, personnel technology/other equipment, and space.
• Provides guidance and leadership to staff, including training, staff evaluation, professional development, and related personnel matters.
• Develops strong, ongoing relationships with area employers that hire recent college graduates. Promotes Career Services’ employment-related services to this constituency.
• Plans and coordinates all college events and services that prepare students for internships and employment and provide employment opportunities.
• Plans and implements a comprehensive community-wide information program to promote Career Services functions.
• Monitors budget allocations for personnel, materials, supplies, travel, other contractual and meeting expenses for Career Services and any grant-related budget
• Articulates career services with area employers and community-based organizations.
• Conducts ongoing assessments as required to identify emerging student needs in the area of career development and evaluate departmental performance.
• Participates in local and state level professional activities which support the mission of Career Services.
• Responsible for the coordination and preparation of semi-annual job placement reports.
• Responsible for the overall administration of grant related activities for Career Services including writing, monitoring, reporting and identifying funding opportunities to assist in sustaining and growing Career Services initiatives and activities.
Triton College Human Resources AVP Joe Klinger email@example.com
EDUCATION: Holds a minimum educational requirement of a Master's degree in business, educational administration, counseling, college student personnel or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Has a minimum of five (5) years of managerial experience in career planning and employment work, preferably in a centralized operation. Experience in program development, supervision and evaluation, budgeting, and automating business processes is required.
KNOWLEDGE: Has knowledge of career planning and job placement materials and procedures, employer recruitment strategies, and associated career development programs and services.
SKILLS: Has demonstrated the ability to manage and supervise personnel in a career planning and/or job placement setting; has excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop innovative career development and placement programs for students and community members.