- be a current member at the time of scholarship application.
- demonstrate involvement in professional activities and institutional organizations (including NACADA). This includes conferences attended, presentations, committees, commissions, etc.
- Current elected or appointed officers and officials in NACADA are not eligible for the Summer Institute Scholarship
- Previous Summer Institute scholarship recipients and previous Summer Institute participants are not eligible.
Because we believe there is considerable strength in diversity, the selection committee strongly encourages applications from groups under-represented in the Association and its leadership.
- Completed online application via the submission portal above.
- Resume/Vitae. Please limit entries to material that pertains directly to academic advising, presenting relevant information from the nominee’s overall resume/vitae.
- Current Job Position Description or List of Job Responsibilities
- Professional Development Summary
- List ALL professional activities and institutional organizations (including NACADA) in which you have participated. Please include conferences attended, presentations, committees, commissions, etc.
- Summer Institute Participation
a. List and describe the goals you hope to accomplish by participating in the Summer Institute.
b. How will your participation in this institute help you grow as a professional?
c. In what ways would you like to extend your involvement in NACADA?
- Letters of Recommendation. A required component of the application materials submitted for this award is two letters of recommendation from your institution’s officials, at least one of which must include a statement of financial support for your travel if you are awarded a scholarship. These letters must be on institutional letterhead and uploaded to the submission portal.
Submit a Nomination