Function: The Global Awards Committee coordinates the distribution of information, solicitation of nominations, selection of recipients, and the awards presentations of all Global Awards including Pacesetter, Virginia Gordon, Service to NACADA, Leading Light, Outstanding Advising, Outstanding New Advisor, Outstanding Programs, Advising Technology Innovations, various event Scholarships and NACADA Scholarships, Student Research, and Retiree Recognition.
Membership: This committee is composed of current members and strives to ensure representation from all regions.
- Coordinate the Global Awards program including reviewing requests for new awards/scholarships and reviewing and updating existing awards/scholarships to ensure timeliness and relevance to members. Make modifications to awards/scholarships as appropriate to meet the NACADA vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Distribute information on applications/nominations and market awards/scholarships to the NACADA membership.
- Gather readers and educate them on the review process.
- Select recipients after review with implemented scoring mechanisms (rubrics).
- Ensure that committee appointments reflect the geographic, ethnic, and institutional diversity of NACADA.
- Conduct the awards presentations at the Annual Conference Awards Ceremony.