Mission: Emerging from the Race, Ethnicity, and Inclusion Work Group, the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Education Advisory Board (DEI Education AB) seeks to ensure that NACADA members, particularly those serving in formal leadership roles, can contribute to the association’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The DEI Education AB pursues this mission by coordinating and delivering accessible educational opportunities that prepare members to transform NACADA and their institutions into more equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist organizations. Through intentional and engaging training and accessible resources, the DEI Education AB aims to equip NACADA members with the awareness, knowledge, and skills necessary to sustain action for meaningful change.
The DEI Education AB advises the NACADA Executive Office (EO) and the Board of Directors on creating accessible education opportunities for NACADA leaders and general members to support the association’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Functions include:
- Develop content with subject matter experts
- Curate a repository of DEI content and resources
- Coordinate training execution by working with the Board of Directors and EO for instructional design and identifying effective facilitators (who might not be DEI Education AB members)
- Establish and execute a comprehensive assessment plan in coordination with the Inclusion and Engagement Committee
- Evaluate educational materials, content, and training programs on a regular basis and make recommendations to the Board of Directors and EO for changes, improvement, and/or new content