NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising is the leading association globally for the advancement of student success through excellence in academic advising in higher education
NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising provides its members with exemplary and innovative opportunities for professional development and personal growth. As a global community promoting student success through academic advising, our mission revolves around four interconnected key principles:
- We are inclusive, committed to offering all our members equitable opportunities for professional development and to fostering belongingness in the association.
- We are global, expanding our horizons by bringing together perspectives from around the world and collaborating with other organizations in the field of higher education.
- We promote a scholarly approach to academic advising, by stimulating research and enabling our members to connect theory to practice.
- We constitute a veritable community, based on mutual respect, encouragement, and support, thus providing an inviting and stimulating environment for professional development.
NACADA Strategic Goals 2021-2026
- Identify and remove barriers to accessibility of all opportunities for engagement and professional growth in the association to foster equity and inclusion for all members.
- Develop innovative and expanded opportunities for professional development that are relevant across the global contexts of academic advising.
- Expand and strengthen the network of external partnerships globally to advance the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the association.
- Optimize the globalization of the association, including the community of members, network of partnerships, engagement with scholarship, and relevance of professional development opportunities.
- Provide practices that allow members to identify and cultivate their long-term professional development and engagement with the association.
- Foster communities of practice that empower members to advance the scholarship of academic advising.
- Examine and align the structure and infrastructure of the association to best support advancement of the vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Assess association practices to ensure relevance with the evolving landscape of higher education across the globe.