Kentucky Liaison Candidates
South Carolina Liaison Candidates
West Virginia Liaison Candidates
Region 3 Elections for 2019 - 2021 Terms
Nominations are open for three state liaison positions on the Region 3 steering committee: West Virginia, Kentucky, and South Carolina. If you are a member in one of those states and would like to self-nominate, or if you know someone who would like to be involved in NACADA, please send names
As a NACADA Region 3 State Liaison, you are the main advocate for your state-wide advising community, and responsibilities may include ( but are not not limited to):
- Informing the current Region Chair about state advising membership needs and/or concerns
- Promoting professional development opportunities at the state, region, and/or national levels (NACADA Webinars, submitting and presenting at Regional and Annual Conferences, etc.)
- Encouraging state nominations for advising awards (national and regional), scholarships and travel grants
As a NACADA Region 3 State Liaison you also may oversee the planning and operation of an annual State Drive-In conference by coordinating and/or delegating the following:
- Designating a host site for current and future state drive-ins
- Selecting conference chair(s)
- If needed, assist to develop and pre-approve state conference budgets if asking for Region 3 funds
- Report back to Region Chair any state conference committee concerns and questions
- Assist and guide the marketing and promotion strategies for the state conference to your state membership
As part of the Region 3 Steering Committee you are asked to:
- Attend and actively participate in both the Regional and National Conferences and meetings
- Develop, prepare, and submit goals for the state advising community, due every October before Annual Conference
- Interact with Region 3 Coordinators to promote and share advising initiatives in your state and the Region
- Represent Region 3 and your state at any and all NACADA hosted leadership events, including oversight of state meetings at the Regional and National Conference
As an active and engaged steering committee, Region 3 welcomes the opportunity to fill these roles with state representation. If you have thought about leading or serving or if you know of someone who would be great in this role, please share.
Region 3 Elections 2018
The Region 3 steering committee is seeking qualified and motivated individuals to assist in three priority areas in the region. Those interested in these positions may self-nominate by emailing an interest statement to the Region Chair, Jeff Elliott, at email@example.com . If you would like to nominate another individual, please contact that person directly and invite to submit directly. Selections will be made and the new chairs contacted by mid-August.
This position will assist in the development of outreach materials for each state in the region and will assist the region chair in strategies for increasing regional membership. This position will require regular contact with all state liaisons.
Diversity and Inclusion Chair
This position will work with the steering committee to create intentional inclusive practices within the region and will lead efforts within our region to promote the principles of equity and respect of advising professionals across the vast array of intersections of identity. The first charge for this position will be to develop a long-range plan, including the outline of the position itself as a support role for the region. Will serve as a consultant to conference committee chairs for conference program topics. This position description will be reviewed and updated by the D&I Chair and Region 3 steering committee.
This position will work closely with the region chair to assist in budget oversight and strategies for future budget planning. This person may also be called on to make arrangements for material purchases for conferences and regional committee meetings.
Region 3 Chair
This Region holds elections for the steering committee on a rotating basis.
When it is time for elections:
1. Nominations/applications will be solicited.
2. Bios and platforms will be posted here.
3. Electronic ballots will go out to the state or region membership.
NOTE: The Region Chair is elected every two years through the Association election system.