Application and Selection Timeline
For consideration by the selection committee, plan to submit your application form by February 10, 2023 (mentee applicants) or February 24, 2023 (mentor applicants). We encourage applicants to begin thinking and preparing application materials in advance of the deadline.
Review of applications will take place in early March with a goal of selecting participants, matching mentees with mentors, and notifying applicants of a decision by mid-late March.
To submit your application, fill out this application form.
Mentee Applicants | Due Friday, February 10, 2023
Applicants will be asked to respond to the following questions in the application form:
- How will your involvement in the Region 6 Advising Mentoring Program (RAMP) support the program goal of providing increased representation from an underrepresented constituency in NACADA? NACADA defines diversity from a very broad perspective, which includes diversity in regard to ethnicity, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation as well as diversity in regard to institutional type, size, and employment position.
- What professional development and career goals do you have in mind? Consider:
- Areas of NACADA that you are most eager to explore (e.g. interest in giving a conference presentation or writing for a publication; becoming involved in an advising community; pursuing a leadership role with the Association or Region; etc.)
- Roles you hope to hold in your career (e.g. interest in working with a specific population of students or institutional type; hope to become an advising administrator; etc.)
- Types of development you desire (e.g. exploring theories and approaches in advising; understanding specific student populations; engaging in research or advising scholarship; navigating unique work contexts; planning to pursue a doctoral degree; etc.)
- How will involvement in RAMP assist you in achieving your goals?
- If you are selected, what should we be mindful of as we are determining matches? Consider:
- What are the characteristics and qualities you desire in a mentor?
- What significant career or life experiences do you hope your mentor can share their personal perspective about?
- If there are any salient identities you hold that you would like us to consider for your match, please include that here.
Mentee applicants will also be asked for the following:
- An updated resume or CV
- Supervisor contact information (RAMP Co-Coordinators will reach out to confirm their support for participant involvement)
Mentor Applicants | Due Friday, February 24, 2023
Applicants are required to respond to the following questions in the application form:
- What qualities and experience will you bring as a mentor? Consider:
- What characteristics and qualities do you bring to the mentoring relationship?
- What mentorship experience (formal or informal) have you had throughout your career?
- What types of roles and professional development experiences have you had that might help us in assigning mentors for mentees who have specific ambitions (e.g. interest in working with a specific population of students or institutional type; plans to pursue a doctoral degree; hope to be an advising administrator; desire to present at a conference or publish articles; etc.)
- What significant career or life experiences can you lend personal perspective about? (e.g. changing careers or functional areas; being a working parent; moving to a new part of the country; pursuing a degree while working; etc.)
- If you are selected, what should we be mindful of as we are determining matches? If there are any salient identities you hold that you would like us to be aware of for your match, please include that here.
Mentor applicants should also submit the following documents: