Throughout our planning, NACADA has followed best practices recommended by the CDC and abided by the legal mandates and recommendations. For those traveling to be a part of the event, your health, well-being, and safety remain our top priorities. NACADA is committed to providing respect and care for all attendees. To support this goal, NACADA strongly encourages all attendees who can receive a COVID-19 vaccine to do so when possible.
Vaccination will not be required for attendance. However, NACADA will require all attendees, Executive Office staff, and volunteers to provide proof of one of the following (not both) via our outside vendor – VOW Digital Health:
- Proof that they are fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) OR
- A negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the first day of event attendance.
NACADA has contracted with VOW Digital Health to manage the verification process for vaccination cards and PCR COVID-19 tests. VOW captures minimal personal information to verify your COVID-19-free status.
When you register, you'll receive a link via email register with VOW. We encourage you to register with VOW as soon as possible. If you're vaccinated, you'll upload your government-issued ID for identity verification and your fully completed COVID-19 vaccination card right after you receive the link. If you're not vaccinated, we encourage you to register with VOW and upload your government-issued ID after you receive the link. You'll receive text reminders to submit a negative PCR COVID-19 test results, taken within 72 hours of event start date. You may enter your data at any time up to 48 hours prior to the event start date.
Once completed and verified, VOW will notify NACADA of your successful completion of the pre-event verification process. You will receive a digital VOW Verified Custom Access Pass. VOW will send this pass and communicate via text message, so please review your contact information. Please ensure you have this pass with you when you check in on-site for the conference. This notification is required for entry into the event.
VOW will not share personal information with NACADA staff. They will only indicate that you are verified for entry to the event. You may review VOW Digital Health’s privacy policies at https://vowdigitalhealth.com/privacy-policy/.
- You only need to submit proof of full vaccination or negative PCR COVID-19 test, not both.
- You are required to review and accept the NACADA Coronavirus/COVID-19 Assumption of Risk and Waiver. NACADA will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred (hotel, travel, medical, etc.) if you tests positive for the virus while traveling to/from the event as outlined in the NACADA Coronavirus/COVID-19 Assumption of Risk and Waiver.
- You should not attend if you are ill or experiencing fever or any COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within ten days of the event dates, refer to CDC guidelines based on your vaccination status. A proof of negative test will be required to attend the conference.
- On-site testing will NOT be available. It will be your responsibility to locate and secure testing. If the above requirements are not met before, you will not be allowed access to the event.
- You will be REQUIRED to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status during all in-person event activities.
- Effective May 1, 2022, masks will not be mandatory at our in-person events. In consideration of the number of attendees traveling from many locations, NACADA strongly encourages all participants to wear KN95, N95, or surgical masks at our events. We ask that participants make their personal choices responsibly and be respectful of other attendees’ health choices.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at event check-in.